How to run the new Microsoft Paint app on Windows 10
Microsoft is bringing a new Microsoft Paint app to Windows 10 which, according to its launch video, will include features from the current version of Paint as well as new changes like 3D object support and pen- and touch-friendly features. It’s not clear when the revamped Paint app will officially be released, but users who don’t want to wait can install the leaked .appx that is x64.
Thanks to Gustave M, the guy behind Interop and GusTools, Windows 10 users are able to download the Paint .appx file signed from the Store. It’s very easy to install the new Paint app and below, we’ll tell you what steps you need to take:
• Head to this page to download the .appx file
• After the download is complete, double-click the file and associate it with App Deployer
• You will get a warning from SmartScreen Filter, but instead of clicking “Don’t Run”, select “More info”
• Continue with the installation by selecting “Run”
• From the installer select Install
• When the installation is complete, choose Launch or find the Paint in the Start menu.
You will not need Developer Privileges enabled because the app is signed, but you can turn them on by going to Settings -> Update & security -> For developers -> Sideload apps/Developer mode.
Also, know that the new Paint Preview works only on desktop PCs because their graphics can handle the 3D software. For now, the leaked .appx is x64 but most likely, Gustave M will post an x86 version on his Twitter account.
Users who installed Paint Preview said the app works well, but experienced a few crashes. We remind you this is the leaked app and when Microsoft finally makse it available, all glitches will be fixed.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Fresh Paint App Keeps Crashing in Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Use UWPHook to access Universal Windows 10 games through Steam
- Microsoft releases 2016 edition of Windows developer virtual machines
Tumbler is a popular social media website that allows its users to create blogs and share their content with others. More than 465 million people […]