Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Accessories: Best to use
Microsoft with its Surface devices managed to release great handsets that can now mix a regular tablet with a high end desktop, all in one powerful and “good-locking” Windows 8 RT powered device. But in order to take full advantage of the latest Surface Pro 2 gadget you should use compatible accessories.
Now, in order to help you out, during the present review I will list and also describe the best Microsoft Surface Pro2 accessories to use. By using these official accessories you will be able to personalize and customize your Windows RT device, while if you want to spice things up a little bit, you can also bump the speeds or upgrade the battery life. Pretty interesting isn’t it? Well, if you want more details on this subject, don’t hesitate and check out what we have prepared for you and of course for your Microsoft Surface Pro 2.
When talking about best accessories for Surface Pro 2 we are definitely referring to essential products like wireless adaptors, covers, Surface edition mouse, screen protectors, cases, type covers, docking stations, micro SD cards, dedicated cables and lot more. Thus, you can now have a complex and complete list of Surface Pro 2 accessories in one place, which means that this review is just for you.
Best Accessories for the Surface Pro 2
The first thing to do when having a Windows based device is to personalize the same. When you first buy a new tablet or laptop it will feature the classic design which in most cases is actually quite boring. So, if you want to offer a personal touch on your Surface Pro 2, you need to buy dedicated covers. Now for the Surface Pro 2 you can choose different versions of touch covers which can easily personalize your Windows RT device; in that matter you can anytime use:
- Touch Cover 2 – this cover is a classic one, though it represents the improved variant of the original Touch Cover provided by Microsoft; touch cover 2 is featuring illuminated keys, though it is available only in black. The Touch Cover is priced $119.99.
- Type Cover 2 – if instead you want to personalize your Surface Pro 2 by adding new flavor of colors, then Type Cover 2 is just what you need. These covers are featuring a super-thin, lightweight design and can be smoothly used on your Windows RT device. Type Cover 2 are priced $129.99.
- Limited Edition Touch Cover – now if you want to capitalize your own design preferences, then you should try the Limited Edition Touch Cover. These covers can be made based on your own desires so you can completely personalize your Surface Pro 2.
- Power Cover – if you want to keep the classic design but you are interested in upgrading the battery power, then you can choose to “type on a battery” with Power Cover, which are being priced $199.99.
If you want to protect your Microsoft Surface 2 and at the same time use the device on different angles with ease, you need to buy compatible cases. On that matter you can choose several cases, though not all the available products are also recommended by experts. So, relying on user experience and user results, here are the best cases available for your Surface Pro 2:
- MoKo Slim Fit Case – this case provides best tablet experience on the go, as the MoKo Slim Fit Case can be used in “tight” situations for ensuring that you can properly use your Windows RT tablet. The case can be ordered in different colors and it only costs $26.99 – the same is available on Amazon.
- Incipio Feather Case – If you need to use your Surface Pro in various angles then this case will be just perfect for you. The case itself is made up of two cores that allows’ the Surface Pro kickstand to extend. Also, the case will protect your tablet, as it is a hard shell. This case is priced $39.99 and can be bought from Microsoft Store.
Similar with cases we have sleeves. These Surface Pro 2 accessories are used only for protection, so in this matter the cases are more complex. Anyway, by accessing Microsoft’s official web page dedicated to the Surface Pro 2 you can buy numerous sleeves depending on the color you prefer, the design you want to offer to your Windows RT tablet and so on. The prices are affordable so don’t hesitate and order your favorite sleeve now.
When using a powerful Windows tablet, such as the Surface Pro 2, the best accessory to buy is of course a docking station. The docking station is the best way in which you can upgrade the battery of your device, so we can say that this product is a must have. For your Surface Pro 2 I am recommending the official docking station provided by Microsoft, which is priced $199.99 and which can be now ordered from here.
SD cards and Flash Drives
The Surface Pro 2 is being provided in two variants depending on the amount of internal storage memory you need: 32 or 64 GB. Now, if you want to expand the storage capacity you can anytime buy and use a micro SD Card. The best deals you can choose for a micro SD card are:
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB – this micro SD card is fast and offered on a great price on Amazon (only $37.50).
- Patriot Supersonic Rage XT 64GB Flash Drive – in addition to a micro SD card you can use a flash drive in order to expand and port your memory capacity and data. This flash drive is also available on Amazon and it is priced at $55.46.
Any other micro SD card – you can buy any other SD card for your Surface Pro 2 either from Microsoft’s own store, or from any other place you want. Just make sure you choose the best price.
Pen and Mice
In order to use your Surface Pro 2 easily you need to buy a dedicated mouse or a pen. You can find various products and accessories on the web, while on Microsoft’s web store you can anytime buy the Wedge Touch Mouse, the Arc Touch Mouse or the Surface Pro Pen so choose what you need for your Windows RT tablet.
Cables and Adaptors
- Mini DisplayPort to VGA – this cable can be used if you want to connect your tablet with VGA compatible devices like projectors or monitors. The Surface Pro 2 accessory is available for only $39.99 through Microsoft’s official web store.
- Mini DisplayPort to HD AV Adapter – this cable is similar with the up mentioned one only it uses HDMI connections. The price is also the same and you can also order this cable from Microsoft.com.
- Ethernet Adapter – if you want to connect your Surface Pro 2 to a wired network then you need to order this cable which will cost you the same amount of money as the already presented accessories from this category.
- Wireless Adapter – if you don’t want to use a cable for connecting your Surface Pro 2 with various devices, then you can anytime use the Wireless Adapter offered by Microsoft. This accessory is quite affordable as it is priced at only $60.
So, those were the best accessories to use on your Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Of course I have mentioned only few examples of products, but you can anytime check and choose more Surface Pro 2 accessories by using Microsoft’s own web store or other retails that offers compatible products. If you want to add something to the list from above, don’t be shy and point it all out by using the comments field from below and an editor will update this review accordingly. Also, stay close as this article will be updated as soon as we find something that worth your attention.
Read Also: Windows 8 Maps Apps: Best 6 to use
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]