- Microsoft To-Do has now been integrated with IFTTT.
- The integration allows syncing with other services, such as Alexa, Google Tasks, and others.
- There is a likelihood of expansion on IFTTT capabilities now that they are working together with Microsoft To-Do.
Over the last couple of years, Microsoft To-Do hit a bit of a snag, and updates since then have been modest, to say the least. A few features here and there and a new look are just some of the updates and it has been a while since they were released.
The snag can largely be attributed to the transition of abilities from Wunderlist, but now, it seems Microsoft To-Do will be getting some new features that will put it back on the map.
The IoT automation platform IFTTT has now joined hands and is supporting Microsoft To-Do. With the task management app now directly integrated, other services such as Slack will also be synced.
IFTTT acts as an intermediary service by connecting apps together. Users can then automate tasks on select services by creating applets.
Some of the options already available include:
- If an event matches your search and is added to your iOS Calendar, a new task will be added to your Microsoft To-Do list.
- Once a Microsoft To-Do task in your specified list is completed, you can send a message in a Slack channel.
- On iOS Reminders, when a new item is added, it will also be added as a new item in Microsoft To-Do.
- A new task added to your Amazon Alexa list will also result in the addition of a new item to your Microsoft To-Do list.
Users are also at liberty to create custom applets so you can play around and explore more capabilities.
The news was confirmed on Twitter, where a link was shared connecting to the applets. The applets are currently limited but are expected to grow in the coming weeks.
Have you been using Microsoft To-Do? If not, do you plan to use it now with the integration? Let us know in the comment section below.