- The Microsoft visual studio location simulator sensor has a driver problem error is prevalent in Visual Studio 2015.
- Re-installing the Visual Studio Location Simulator driver fixes the issue permanently.
- Get your hands on similar easy-to-follow troubleshooting articles from our Windows 10 Guides.
- Browse through more related information on our Microsoft Visual Studio webpage.
The full error says:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
The requested operation was unsuccessful.
Visual Studio developers claim to have removed the sensor from the 2017 version of the program.
Hence, if you are getting this issue, you would think the best way to resolve this driver issue is to upgrade to a later edition.
However, VS2017 users have also complained about this issue. Thankfully, there are solutions that have worked for other users.
In this guide, you’ll learn the different ways to clear the Microsoft visual studio location simulator sensor has a driver problem error in both VS 2015 and VS 2017.
What is it?
Microsoft Visual Studio 12 – 15 provides a location simulator that works with a location simulator driver that you create.
The visual Studio simulator is a desktop application that simulates a Windows Store app.
It gives a window for developers to run applications and simulate common touch and rotation events on a single machine.
How can I fix the Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor has a driver problem?
1. Use DriverFix
DriverFix will scan your PC after installation and give a detailed report of missing and out-of-date device drivers.
It then gives directions on how to download and install the drivers in bulk or singly.
Instead of fiddling with your computer’s drivers and registry, simply install this useful tool and use it to fix this and any future issues you encounter with your drivers.
Below are some of the key features of DriverFix.
- Scans your PC and updates your drivers quickly
- It’s easy to use, regardless of your tech expertise
- Vast driver database that ensures the perfect fit will be found
- You can manage your downloads in its Download Manager
- Offers backup for drivers
- Schedule Manager to always keep organized
DriverFixResolve the issue with the Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor with just a few clicks !
2. Try the compatibility troubleshooter
- Type in Microsoft Visual studio in the search
- Right-click on it and select Open file location.
- Right-click and select Properties, click on the Compatability
- Click on Run compatibility troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Uninstall and the Visual Studio Location Simulator driver
- Go to the Start menu and search for Device Manager then select it.
- Expand the Sensors item on the list.
- Right-click on Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor and Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
4. Reinstall the Visual Studio Location Simulator driver
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sensors category on the list.
- Right-click on Visual Studio Location then click Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click on Have Disk…, then Browse.
- Navigate to the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows Simulator\14.0
- Select SensorsSimulatorDriver.inf and hit Open.
- Click Ok then Next.
The Microsoft visual studio location simulation sensor problem on Windows 10 isn’t an issue with the application but the drivers.
Here, we’ve shown you how to fix the issue by troubleshooting the relevant drivers. The solutions presented here are delicate. So, ensure that you follow them carefully.
When in doubt, you can simply use the recommended tool to get it done quickly.