- The Microsoft visual studio location simulator sensor has a driver problem error is prevalent in Visual Studio 2015.
- Re-installing the Visual Studio Location Simulator driver fixes the issue permanently.
- Get your hands on similar easy-to-follow troubleshooting articles from our Windows 10 Guides.
- Browse through more related information on our Microsoft Visual Studio webpage.
The full error says:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
The requested operation was unsuccessful.
Visual Studio developers claim to have removed the sensor from the 2017 version of the program.
Hence, if you are getting this issue, you would think the best way to resolve this driver issue is to upgrade to a later edition.
However, VS2017 users have also complained about this issue. Thankfully, there are solutions that have worked for other users.
In this guide, you’ll learn the different ways to clear the Microsoft visual studio location simulator sensor has a driver problem error in both VS 2015 and VS 2017.
What is it?
Microsoft Visual Studio 12 – 15 provides a location simulator that works with a location simulator driver that you create.
The visual Studio simulator is a desktop application that simulates a Windows Store app.
It gives a window for developers to run applications and simulate common touch and rotation events on a single machine.
How can I fix the Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor has a driver problem?
1. Use a dedicated program
A dedicated program will scan your PC after installation and give a detailed report of missing and out-of-date device drivers.
Instead of fiddling with your computer’s drivers and registry, simply install this useful tool and use it to fix this and any future issues you encounter with your drivers.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Try the compatibility troubleshooter
- Type in Microsoft Visual studio in the search
- Right-click on it and select Open file location.
- Right-click and select Properties, click on the Compatability
- Click on Run compatibility troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Uninstall and the Visual Studio Location Simulator driver
- Go to the Start menu and search for Device Manager then select it.
- Expand the Sensors item on the list.
- Right-click on Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor and Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
4. Reinstall the Visual Studio Location Simulator driver
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sensors category on the list.
- Right-click on Visual Studio Location then click Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click on Have Disk…, then Browse.
- Navigate to the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows Simulator\14.0
- Select SensorsSimulatorDriver.inf and hit Open.
- Click Ok then Next.
The Microsoft visual studio location simulation sensor problem on Windows 10 isn’t an issue with the application but the drivers.
Here, we’ve shown you how to fix the issue by troubleshooting the relevant drivers. The solutions presented here are delicate. So, ensure that you follow them carefully.
When in doubt, you can simply use the recommended tool to get it done quickly.