Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Redmond-based tech company has released the stable version of Viva Goals.
- This brand new Microsoft software is a tool to track progress towards preset goals.
- Companies need to purchase either Microsoft Viva Goals SKU or Microsoft Viva SKU.
The last time we actually spoke of the Microsoft company itself, instead of its operating systems and gaming consoles, was to say that it just posted its quarterly earnings report.
Curious about what that is? Let’s find out together about this new Microsoft initiative and why it could be so important to businesses all over the world.
Get ready for Microsoft Viva Goals
Yes, you’ve heard correctly, Microsoft has released the stable version of Viva Goals. The platform works under the Microsoft Viva umbrella and promises to help monitor objectives and track key results.
In truth, Microsoft Viva Goals is a management solution that supports the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework.
Overall, Viva Goals is a tool to track progress towards preset goals, integrating with Microsoft Viva, the platform also helps organizations follow the progress of people and teams.
This software has a really simplified and unified hub, which makes it easy for organizations to attach daily tasks that eventually help in fulfilling long-term goals.
In a recent blog post announcing its general availability, Microsoft offered some highlights of the platform, which we are about to share with you right now.
- Creating clarity: With one centralized source of truth for goal setting, monitoring progress, and assessing success across your organization, you create clarity for your team, connect daily work to outcomes and align at all levels
- Focusing teams on impact, not output: Shift focus from effort and activity to impact and outcomes, share progress across your organization with customizable dashboards that turn data into insights, and stay agile at scale
- Bringing goals into the flow of everyday work: Keep goals top-of-mind by bringing data and actions into the spaces your team is already using, like Microsoft Teams, ADO, and the most popular data and project management tools.
You are surely also wondering about how much this service will cost, so allow us to shed some light on this side of Viva Goals as well.
And, as you guessed it, in order to unlock and access the full set of features in Viva Goals, companies need to purchase either Microsoft Viva Goals SKU or Microsoft Viva SKU.
The above-mentioned tool is available as an application in Microsoft Teams and also as an independent web application.
Interested parties can purchase and use Viva Goals with the web application without needing any other Microsoft product or subscription.
That being said, a Microsoft Teams product license is required if companies want to use Viva Goals through the Teams application, so keep that in mind.
Furthermore, Viva Goals can also work with several third-party services such as Amazon Redshift, GitHub, MySQL, Salesforce, Trello, Zendesk, and many more.
So, if this kind of service really tickles your fancy, go right ahead and make the most of it and share your experience with us in the comments section below.