- Minecraft Dungeons is an action RPG game that is a bit different from other Minecraft games.
- Several users have reported facing low FPS problems with the game.
- In this guide, we have listed 5 quick solutions that will help you resolve the problem.
Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawler game developed by Mojang Studios and Double Eleven and published by Xbox Game Studios.
It is an action-adventure role-playing game that is a perfect treat for a Minecraft fan looking for a new challenge. The game supports up to four players and features different types of weapons, items, and mobs.
Unlike other editions of Minecraft, you cannot mine or build in Minecraft Dungeons because the main focus of the game is an action-adventure. You have to select a hero at the beginning of the game, complete levels, and defeat enemies in Minecraft style.
There are multiple user reports that claim that for them the Minecraft Dungeons game is stuttering or is playable at very low FPS. For some, the game is unplayable because of the problem.
If you are also experiencing the same issues of stuttering and low fps with Minecraft Dungeons and are looking for solutions then you are in the right place.
Because in this guide, we will give you 5 quick fixes that can help you resolve the Minecraft Dungeons low fps issue. Let us get right into it.
Why is my Minecraft Dungeons so low on FPS?
Now the Minecraft Dungeons’ low FPS or stuttering issue can be because of many different reasons.
Here are a few of the common reasons why you are getting low FPS with the Minecraft Dungeons game:
- Your PC does not meet the minimum requirements
- Minecraft isn’t using the dedicated GPU on your PC
- Your graphics driver isn’t up to date
- The in-game settings is maxed out
- The V-Sync is disabled
- There is a RAM allocation issue
- The Minecraft game itself has some problems
- The cache data is causing problems
- Your internet connection is jumpy
These are the most common reasons behind the low FPS issue with the Minecraft Dungeons game. Moreover, these issues are also common for other games as well.
So, if you are experiencing low FPS issues with other games, you can try the above fixes and hopefully fix the problem.
How do I fix low FPS on Minecraft Dungeons?
1. Update the graphics driver
- Open the Start menu.
- Search for Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click on your graphics driver.
- Choose the Update driver option.
- Select the first option to Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If a new update is available, your system will install it right away.
You have the option to update your graphics driver on your PC this manually way. However, there are downsides to this that you have to periodically go through the exact steps to check if a new update is available, in case you haven’t turned on optional updates for your PC.
On the other hand, you can take the help of a recommended third-party software called DriverFix. Using DriverFix, you can install all the latest updates to the drivers on your PC with just a single click.
Not only does it keep your drivers up to date, but it also helps prevent lag, system errors, or even BSoDs and other Windows errors.
Use this simple and user-friendly software that monitors your PC for missing and outdated drivers and lets you easily repair and update them.
2. Select dedicated GPU
- Right-click on your desktop screen.
- Select Display Settings.
- Scroll down and select Graphics.
- Click on Browse.
- Locate the EXE file of Minecraft and select it.
- Click on Options.
- In the new Graphics specifications pop-up, select High-performance.
- Hit Save.
3. Enable V-Sync
- Launch Minecraft Dungeons on your PC or console.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Display / Graphics.
- Click on Advanced Graphics.
- Toggle on V-Sync.
- Hit the Apply button.
- Close the menu.
Often the low FPS issues arise when there is a discrepancy between the monitor and the graphics card. Thankfully, this can be easily fixed by enabling the V-Sync option within the game.
4. Update Minecraft Dungeons
- Select the game.
- Click Options.
- Click Check for Update.
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click Downloads and updates.
- Click Get updates.
Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One:
- Go to My Apps & Games.
- Head to Minecraft Dungeons.
- Press the Menu button on the Xbox controller.
- Select Manage game & add-ons.
- Click Updates.
Often the version of the game that you are playing itself comes with some bugs and glitches that trigger multiple errors.
So, it is very important that you are running the latest version of the game, as it not only brings the latest features but also fixes all the bugs that you might experience such as the low FPS issues with Minecraft Dungeons.
5. Allocate more RAM
- Launch the Minecraft Client.
- Head to the Installations tab from the top.
- Select Minecraft Dungeons from the left side.
- Click on the 3-dot icon next to Minecraft Dungeons game on the right side.
- Select Edit from the drop-down.
- Click on MORE OPTIONS.
- Under the JVM ARGUMENTS, you will find a line of text.
- Change the amount of RAM that Minecraft Dungeon can use after Xmx. For example, Xmx4G means Minecraft Dungeons will use 4GB of RAM.
- Click Save and check if this fixes the low FPS issue or not.
How do you get better FPS in Minecraft Dungeons?
Here are some of the best in-game display and graphics settings that you can apply to get better FPS with Minecraft Dungeons.
- General Settings
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Resolution: Select a bit lower than your actual resolution of the screen.
- Graphics: Fastest
- Advanced Settings
- FPS Limit: Max
- FPS Counter: ON
- V-Sync: Enabled
- Ambient Occulsion: OFF
- Anti-Aliasing Quality: OFF
- Shadow Quality: OFF
- Particles: Low
- Bloom: OFF
Does allocating more RAM increase FPS Minecraft?
No, but sometimes yes. There are instances where when you allocate more RAM to Minecraft, the gameplay becomes smoother as it increases the FPS.
Do note that Game require certain amount of memory to run, and if you are providing more than required then it will have more RAM to properly execute all files.
However, many times allocating dedicated RAM to Minecraft won’t help increase FPS. You can try out upping your PC’s configuration, especially GPU, to increase the FPS though.
That is it from us in this guide. We hope that this guide helped you fix the Minecraft Dungeons low FPS issue. Let us know in the comments which of the quick fixes resolved the problem for you.