- Monese is one of the world's most used online money transfer options.
- If you have issues with receiving money via Monese, continue reading the guide below.
- To learn more about this amazing tool, visit out dedicated Monese Hub.
- If other web tools are what interest you, visit our website's Web Apps page.
Monese is a UK-based company that offers current accounts and money transfer services as an alternative to traditional banks. As far as functionality goes, anyone that has a Revolut card will find that Monese is pretty much identical in both function and form.
As such, having a Monese card means that you can send and receive money, as well as make currency exchanges on the spot, etc. However, some people have been asking about Monese’s way of sending and receiving cash.
More precisely, some have been complaining that the money they were expecting weren’t received.
Why haven’t I received my money on Monese?
First of all, make sure when sending or receiving money via Monese that both parties have the other one’s correct contact info to avoid misplaced funds.
Monese is not responsible for faulty transactions if the client is to blame.
More so, depending on the circumstances in which you made or should be receiving payment, there is a certain processing time.
For example in the case of Monese, different types of payments will take a different amount of time to process.
- Monese to Monese payments:
- These types of transfers will be done almost instantly
- Local payments from a UK account to your UK account:
- Once the money is received, it will be allocated to your account immediately, including weekends.
- Please be aware that UK Faster Payments are processed every 30 minutes
- BACS payments it will take 3 business days
- CHAPS payments clear on the same day if made before 2 pm UK time
- Actual clearing times also depend on the sending party
- Payments received to the shared IBAN account:
- Once the money is received, it will be allocated to your account at 8 AM, 11 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday
- Euro currency payment received from SEPA region will normally arrive on the next business day
- Payments from other countries or in other currencies may take longer to process
- SEPA payments to your Eurozone account:
- Payments made to you before 14 PM Central European Time (GMT +1) will be funded to your account on the same day by 17 PM CET time
- Payments made after 14p PM will arrive on the next business day.
Why is a card payment I made still pending?
However, if you are concerned that a card payment is still pending for quite some time, you should keep note that: The retailer has 7 days to either claim or cancel the payment.
In case of a cancelation, a declined card payment or withdrawal may also appear as a pending payment. Afterward, the pending payment will expire automatically and funds will be returned to your account within 7 days.
As such, it is not a matter of why hasn’t a payment come through, but rather WHEN it will come through.
Do you have a Monese card? Do you think it is better than other similar services, such as Revolut or Payoneer? Let us know in the comments section below.
Consider using an alternative payment method
Monese isn’t the only service of its kind out there, as the market is filled with money transfer services and virtual card apps.
However, given their abundance, it is hard to choose which are good and which are not. One app that has been verified to be extremely good and reliable is Revolut.
This tool has the same payment options as Monese, only things are made to be far easier. Enjoy free instant money transfer, currency exchange, crypto, and stock trading, all without any hidden costs.
No service is better suited act as a Monese alternative better than Revolut. Get it now for free.