If you find that your mouse is not going onto the second screen of your dual-monitor setup, you are not the only one.
This issue can be extremely frustrating, especially if it happens suddenly.
The problem seems to appear when the monitors of your dual-display setup are not the exact same size and have the same resolution capabilities.
Even though the idea mentioned above is valid, in some cases users have reported that this issue occurs suddenly, or after they have restarted their PC.
Another possibility would be that the mouse you’re using is not capable of this task, and in this case, investing in a mouse that was designed for multitasking will have a great positive impact.
Please read on to find out what you can do about this issue, and get back to using your dual-monitor setup normally.
Here’s how to solve the issue with your mouse not going to the second screen
Change your Windows 10 Display settings
Because of the way the Resolution setup is done in Windows 10, your OS identifies the monitors you use as either monitor 1, or monitor number 2.
If your main monitor is Number 2, and inside the Display settings it is shown as Number 1, then the mouse won’t track to the second monitor because Windows identifies it as being on the left side, and not on the right. This applies to both cases, vice versa.
Follow these steps to fix this issue:
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Settings.
- Click on System -> then choose Display from the left-side menu.
- Click Identify in order for Windows to identify your displays.
- Drag and drop display 1 to the left side, and display 2 to the right side (or however your dual-display setup is located in real life).
- Under the Multiple displays section -> click on the drop-down list -> make sure Extend these displays option is selected.
We hope you found this guide helpful and easy to follow. Please feel free to let us know if the method presented here managed to help you solve your issue.
You can do so, by simply leaving a comment in the section found under this article.