- Users reported that the MP Navigator EX scanner driver appears as not being installed on Windows.
- In this guide, we will discuss some options that will surely provide a quick resolution to this problem.
- Installing your MP Navigator EX scanner driver manually might be an efficient action you can perform.
- To simplify the process, and also ensure the right driver is installed, using specialized software will definitely help you.
MP Navigator EX allows you to can scan multiple documents at the same time, or inspect images larger than the platen.
My PC won’t recognize that my scanner is plugged in – it doesn’t show up under My Devices. The scanner turns on and when it’s plugged in, my laptop makes a sound as something has been plugged into a USB port.
Today’s article will show you a series of options you can try to fix this annoying issue. Make sure you read it completely, so you’ll never worry about this kind of troubles.
How can I install the MP Navigator EX scanner driver?
1. Navigate to Windows updates
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- On the left side, select Windows Update, then click on Check for updates, from the right side.
2. Check your Security Software
- Open Settings.
- Go to Devices.
- On the left side, click on Printers & scanners and, from the right side, under the Related settings, click on Print server properties.
- Click on the Drivers tab and check if your scanner is listed.
- If you don’t see your scanner listed, select Add, and in the Welcome to the Add Printer Driver Wizard, select Next.
- In the Processor Selection dialog box, select your device’s architecture, and then click on Next.
- On the left side, in the Printer Driver Selection dialog box select your printer manufacturer.
- On the right side, select your printer driver, click on Next, then on Finish.
- Follow the instructions to add your driver.
It is important to check your Security Software to make sure the printer software is not being blocked.
3. Set the compatible mode
- Right-click the driver you want to install and then select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Under Compatibility Mode, click on Run this program in compatibility mode, and then select a compatible Windows version for the driver.
- Click on OK and install the driver.
When you install drivers, it is important that they match the Windows operating system you have installed on your PC.
4. Disable your firewall
- In the search bar, next to the Windows button, type Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall to open the Control Panel applet window.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the options shown directly below.
- Select the two Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons to turn off the WDF.
- Press the OK button.
This option might be extremely useful considering that sometimes an antivirus or firewall may be set too secure, preventing peripherals (such as your scanner) from communicating effectively.
5. Use dedicated software
As a time saver option, you should definitely try the support of specialized software.
Unlike the manual methods presented above, this one is able to automatically install, update, scan and fix any of your drivers.
Thus, it is able to provide the latest compatible driver for your particular hardware component, straight from the manufacturer.
Once you install and use this software, it is easy to forget about it, and you’ll probably never use it again until the next driver issue appears.
If you want to install and update your drivers like an expert, you should use the help of dedicated software.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
There are a few more options you can try to install your MP Navigator EX scanner driver, but those we presented above are the best.
If you need help on how to update drivers in Windows 10, don’t hesitate to check a full guide regarding this subject.
Also, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and let us know which of the listed suggestions worked best for you.