Many users noticed an unusual file on their PC named MPSigStub. While many are concerned about the purpose of this file, in today’s article we’re going to explain to you what is MPSigStub and how to remove it.
Why MPSigStub appears in random folders and how can I remove it?
What it MPSigStub and what it does?
MPSigStub.exe is an executable file whose role is to extract downloaded Windows Updates. This file is also associated with Windows Defender, so it’s safe to say that this file is perfectly safe and not malicious.
Bear in mind that sometimes you might have several copies of this file on your PC in several random folders and that is in most cases perfectly normal.
How to fix MPSigStub high CPU usage?
1.Wait for Windows update to finish
- If Windows is installing or downloading updates, make sure to finish the process.
- Once the update process is finished, the CPU usage for MPSigStub.exe should drop.
2. Run a malware scan
- Scan your PC with reliable antivirus software.
- If you find any malware, be sure to remove it.
If you’re looking for a fast and reliable antivirus that offers 100% protection, we strongly suggest to try out Bitdefender.
How do I remove MPSigStub from my PC?
1. Run File Explorer as administrator
- Press Windows Key + S and enter file explorer.
- Right-click File Explorer from the list of results and choose Run as administrator.
- After doing that, locate the MPSigStub.exe or its folder and delete it.
2. Use Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- When Command Prompt starts, navigate to the directory where MPSigStub.exe is located. You need to do that by using the cd command.
- Once enter the directory that holds the MPSigStub.exe, type del MPSigStub.exe and press Enter to remove it.
- Alternatively, you can delete the entire folder by running rmdir Folder_Name command.Do not use this command if the file is stored in the System32directory.
There you go, we hope that you found this article helpful and that you understand better MPSigStub actually is and how to remove it on your PC.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix DNS server is not responding on Windows 10?
- Fix Unable to contact DHCP server error with these solutions
- What is Sedlauncher.exe and how to fix high CPU usage [FULL GUIDE]