NET Framework 3.5 blocked on Windows 10 [QUICK FIX]
.Net Framework is a software framework developed by Microsoft that offers necessary components to run apps on your Windows computer. However, at times the user may face issues when installing the .Net Framework. The users have reported that they encountered an issue that blocks the installation of the .Net Framework 3.5 on their computer.
One user explained the problem thoroughly.
Today i installed a game that runs .NET Framework 3.5.So, after installing the game it opened me the .NET installer and after that it said [Restart now] [Restart later] i clicked on [Restart now].
After restarting the computer, it asked to install again.
I went to Windows + R: appwiz.cpl and it was disabled, I tried to install from the website, still the same. Installing from the cmd line it said the error 50
Resolve the issue by following our instructions below.
How do I get .NET Framework 3.5 to work on Windows 10?
1. Enable .Net Framework
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs > Programs and Features.
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, check .NET Framework 3.5.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close the Control Panel and try to install .NET Framework 3.5 and check for any improvements.
- If the service was already checked, uncheck .NET Framework 3.5 and then recheck it again. Try to run the installer again and check for any improvements.
2. Run .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool
- Go to Microsoft .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User’s Guide page.
- Download .NET Framework setup verification tool from the second link.
- Extract the Netfx-setupverifier-view zip file.
- Open the extracted folder and run netfx_setupverifier.exe.
- When asked to confirm, click Yes.
- Click Yes again to agree to the terms and conditions.
- In the .NET Framework Setup Verification Utility window, click on the Verify Now button.
- If everything works right, the Current Status should show “Product verification successful”.
- If it shows an error, follow the next steps.
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool, here.
- Click the download button and select Netfxrepair.tool.exe and click Next.
- Run the NetfxREapirTool.exe file.
- Select the terms and conditions box and click Next.
- The tool will scan your system for any error and recommend a set of solutions.
- Click on Next to proceed.
- The repair tool will apply the fixes and will show Changes complete window.
- Let the repair tool window open, and try to install .NET Framework again.
- If the issue persists, go back to the repair tool and click on Next.
- Click Finish to close the window.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Windows 10 Redstone 5 brings a new Net Adapter Framework
- COMException error in .NET Framework gets fixed with the latest Patch Tuesday updates
- Learn to program both online or offline with these software tools
User data is the next big thing, and the organizations and business are trying to outrun each other in the race. Collecting user data is […]
The HP Deskjet users are reporting issues with the startup error in Windows 10. Namely, at every startup, they see the There was a problem […]
Microsoft is working to implement a reveal password button for its Chromium-based browser. This button will help you make sure if you have correctly entered […]