The latest .NET Framework updates fix a severe remote code execution vulnerability
More specifically, sometimes the .NET Framework fails to properly validate input before loading libraries. As a result, attackers who successfully exploit this vulnerability could take control of the affected systems.
They could then install malicious programs, view, change, or delete data, create new accounts with full user rights, and more.
.NET Framework updates
Here are this month’s .NET Framework updates :
- .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7 KB4015583 for Windows 10 Creators Update
- .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.6.2 KB4015217 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Windows Server 2016
- .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.6.1 KB4015219 for Windows 10 1511 Update
- .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.6 KB4015221 for Windows 10 RTM
- .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2 Rollup KB4014983 and security only KB4014987 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2 Rollup KB4014982 and security only KB4014986 for Windows Server 2012
- .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2 Rollup KB4014981 and security only KB4014985 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, and 4.6 Rollup KB4014984 and security only KB4014988 for Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2
Keep in mind that there is a known issue related to these updates. Applications that connect to an instance of Microsoft SQL Server on the same computer generate the following error message: “provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 15 – Function not supported“. The good news is that there are three workarounds available to fix this issue:
- Disable the Shared Memory and Named Pipes protocols on the server side to force TCP-only connections to SQL Server.
- Create an alias on the server to force TCP protocol for local applications
- Disable shared memory from the Client Configuration tool (32-bit and 64-bit).
For more information, check out Microsoft’s Support page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- .NET Framework updated with Creators Update support along with bug fixes and DPI Improvements
- Download .NET Framework for Windows 10 [How to]
Using a VPN on your Windows Server has a lot of advantages for all parties included and it allows users in a small environment access to […]
The Windows 10 Action Center includes Quick Action buttons that provide shortcuts for adjusting settings. For example, users can press the Tablet mode button to […]