- When it comes to streaming multimedia content, Netflix is the absolute champion, and some users prefer to watch it in their browser.
- So, we've compiled a list of the best browser to watch Netflix so that you have a perfect streaming experience.
- You can find browsers with a built-in ad-blocker that will block all ads and ad-related scripts, so check them out below.
- Also, you need a browser that offers 4K streaming support for Netflix along with Dolby and Dolby Vision support. Read on to find out our suggestions!
Netflix is currently one of the largest streaming platforms, but streaming can sometimes be demanding on your resources.
Not all web browsers can handle multimedia streaming the same, and in this article, we’ll show you the best browsers for Netflix streaming.
What are the best browsers for Netflix?
Opera has been present on the market for two decades, and it has gone through numerous changes. The browser comes with a built-in ad-blocker that will block all ads and ad-related scripts.
As a result, your multimedia and pages will load up to 90% faster.
Opera isn’t demanding on your hardware resources, and with low RAM usage, it will handle Netflix and other multimedia content with ease.
Another great feature is the battery saver that will help you get an extra hour of battery life.
Speaking of streaming video content, Opera has a video pop-out feature, so you can watch online videos in a mini window while performing other tasks.
Other Opera features:
- Free and unlimited VPN
- Availability on all major desktop and mobile platforms
- Ability to sync browsing data
- Screenshot tool
- Opera Flow feature that lets you share notes, links, and files between your devices
OperaEnjoy fast and high-quality Netflix streaming with the help of this extremely modern and lightweight browser.
Another great browser for Netflix streaming is Mozilla Firefox. Firefox is an open-source browser with a heavy focus on user privacy and security.
Since Firefox is a non-profit project, your browsing data isn’t sold to third-parties.
Regarding the security, the browser offers Enhanced Tracking protection that will block tracking cookies from various websites.
If you want, you can always see how many trackers are blocked and from which websites are they coming from.
It’s worth mentioning that the browser supports a wide array of extensions, so you can customize it and enhance its functionality with ease.
Notable Firefox features:
- Customizable user interface
- Built-in password manager that lets you access your passwords on all devices
- Available on all major desktop and mobile platforms
- Pop-out video player
When it comes to popularity, Google Chrome is the heavyweight champion. The browser offers a wide array of themes, allowing you to easily customize your start page.
In addition to themes, Chrome also has support for thousands of different extensions and services.
As for performance, the browser is frequently getting updates, and it’s fully optimized to work with multiple tabs simultaneously.
Chrome also has a built-in password manager that will sync across all devices that use it. Regarding availability, Chrome is available on every major platform, both desktop, and mobile.
Notable Chrome features:
- Ability to stream multimedia to Chromecast devices
- Frequent security updates for maximum security
- Secure browsing feature that can detect malicious websites
- Built-in search suggestions for Google Search
- Built-in ad blocker
Another great browser for Netflix is Vivaldi. This browser offers great customization, and you can easily change the position of your tabs or group them together in order to customize your workspace.
It’s also worth mentioning that you can pin your tabs to the sidebar for quick access, and thanks to the split-screen support, you can have two pages open in a single tab for maximum productivity.
Since the browser is privacy-focused, it doesn’t store or track your browsing data, so you can rest assured that your browsing information won’t be sold to third parties.
Notable Vivaldi features:
- Advanced browsing history
- Advanced search and ability to navigate through search results quickly
- Powerful bookmark feature
- Reader View for distraction-free reading
- Ability to sync browsing data with other devices
The last entry on our list is Microsoft Edge. You’re probably familiar with it since it’s the default browser on Windows 10.
The browser went through some massive changes recently, and now it sports an abundance of new features.
The new version of Edge offers 4K streaming support for Netflix along with Dolby and Dolby Vision support. It also has an Immersive Reader feature that will remove the unnecessary clutter from the pages for you.
Regarding privacy, there’s a new Tracking Protection feature that will prevent websites from tracking your browsing experience.
Regarding security, there’s Microsoft Defender SmartScreen that will detect malicious and phishing websites.
Notable Microsoft Edge features:
- New user interface built on top of Chromium engine
- Support for Chrome applications
- Availability on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Customizable start page
- Optimized for business and home users alike
There you go, these are the best browsers that you can use to enjoy Netflix. What is your favorite web browser? Let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Netflix works in every browser, but for the best experience, we recommend you to take a closer look at our best browsers list for high-quality Netflix streaming.
Netflix works in almost any modern browser, which means that you can watch your favorite websites right from the browser. Just log in, pick your favorite show and you’re good to go.
If you can’t watch Netflix in your browser, there might be an issue with the cache or the browser itself. To fix it, check out our complete guide on how to fix Netflix errors.