A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message:
Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with its configured settings.
One of the major reasons that can cause this error is a recent Windows update that restricted users from starting the virtual machine.
Furthermore, this problem might arise due to low RAM memory on your system.
There are many business users who are using VMware and they can not afford to lose access to their data. Therefore, it is crucial for them to fix this issue as soon as possible.
In this article, we will find out some quick tricks that you can use to resolve this error. Please follow the steps carefully.
What to do if there is not enough VMware physical memory
1. Uninstall Windows update
- Open the Settings app and click Update & security.
- Navigate to the left-hand side and click Windows Update >> View update history.
- Click Uninstall Updates to uninstall the latest updates from your system.
2. Run VMware as Administrator
- Shutdown your VMware Workstation.
- Open Start menu and search for VMware Workstation.
- Right-click on VMware Workstation and select Run as administrator.
- Now run your VMware Workstation and check to see if the issue still persists.
3. Update the config.ini file
- Shut down your virtual machines and close the VMware Workstation.
- Navigate to the following path C:ProgramDataVMwareVMware Workstation and open the config.ini file.
- Scroll down to the end of the file and add the line vmmon.disableHostParameters = “TRUE”.
- Save the file and restart your system to apply the new changes.
4. Modify VMware Settings
- Open your VMware Workstation and go to Edit >> Preferences.
- Click the Memory option from the left pane and navigate to the Additional memory section.
- If you want to use some virtual machines with the best performance, select Fit all virtual machine memory into reserved host RAM.
- Alternatively, click Allow most virtual machine memory to be swapped if you want to choose multiple VMs at the same time.
- Click OK to save the changes.
If you have properly followed the steps, you should no longer see the error. However, you need to install the latest version of VMware if the problem still persists.
Today we have discussed some quick troubleshooting steps to fix the error Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with its configured settings. We hope that one of these solutions helped you.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix common VMware network adapter issues?
- VMware is not able to connect to internet [FULL FIX]
- [FIX] You do not have access rights to this file VMware error