The NVIDIA GeForce Driver gets Windows 10 Creators Update support
While you can already run older versions of NVIDIA’s GeForce drivers on machines running the Creators Update, but 381.65 is the first driver that introduces official support for the latest version of Windows 10.
You should know that the Windows Defender Smart Screen might block the driver install process or its execution by default. When the “Windows protected your PC” screen appears, choose to run the driver installation anyway. The problem is that the driver you’ll find on the NVIDIA website is corrupt and might not extract properly. The download should be 415MB and, instead, on the NVIDIA’s site, is only 304 MB big.
Nvidia GeForce Driver 381.65 features:
- Support for the new Nvidia Titan XP video card
- Support for Dolby Vision in games
- DTS X and Dolby Atmos for 5.1.2 speaker config.
- Quake Champions Closed Beta
- Windows 10 Creators Update with WDDM 2.2 support (WDDM 2.2 is the newest version of Windows Display Driver Model and it’s tailored for mixed, virtual and augmented reality for the Windows Holographic platform and DXGI 1.6)
- Two NVIDIA Control Panel options: (1) overriding the desktop color control of Windows 10, and (2) the option for disabling the self-refresh power saving feature of G-Sync
The latest NVIDIA driver only has a few issues including the one that fails to install the latest version over the previous one. The solution here is to run a clean installation.
On the other hand, if you don’t really need any of the latest features introduced by the NVIDIA GeForce 381.65 driver, we recommend that you wait until NVIDIA resolves the download problem, and releases a better and less problematic version of this driver.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti specs leaked
- How to install the Windows 10 Creators Update on a Mac
- How to block the Windows 10 Creators Update from installing
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]
Whether you use web-based email services or desktop email clients to manage your account, emails are used for business and personal communication by almost everyone. […]