- You should be able to watch any 360 videos on Oculus Quest without applying additional changes.
- For some users, YouTube VR may not work correctly due to bugs, incompatibilities, or other issues.
- If you face any problems using YouTube VR, restarting the device may help, and you also can go through this article for additional steps.
Is YouTube VR not working on Oculus Quest? We have come up with helpful information and the most effective solutions for you.
Facebook’s virtual reality headset is a perfect and affordable choice for VR lovers. There are countless apps and games on VR. However, like any other device, these apps or VR have problems.
One of the most common issues with this VR you may face is with YouTube. You may find that this video streaming app is not working on this device.
We have shown solutions to fix Oculus Quest 2 charging problem in another article. This article will feature solutions that will help to solve YouTube VR-related issues.
Can I watch VR videos on Oculus Quest 2?
Yes. You can easily watch any virtual reality or 360 videos on Oculus Quest 2. There are apps like YouTube, Prime Videos, Netflix, etc. You will also find dedicated 360 video apps on this VR.
So, you won’t have to worry about watching VR videos on this device.
Why is YouTube VR not working on Oculus Quest?
If you cannot watch YouTube VR videos on this device, it may have several reasons. These are:
- A known bug with this app
- Problematic cache or process on VR
- Oculus Quest software is outdated
But don’t worry. You can try several solutions to fix YouTube VR not working issue on Oculus Quest. You can find them in the next part of this post.
How do I get my YouTube VR to work with Oculus Quest?
1. Relaunch the YouTube VR app or watch from the browser
The first thing you can do is relaunch the YouTube VR on Oculus Quest. You can try this method if you can open the app but cannot watch videos. If the app doesn’t open, you can continue watching YouTube videos on the browser.
Another thing is you may not be able to watch 360 videos from a browser. In this case, you can skip and go through the following methods.
2. Restart the Quest
Restarting Oculus Quest is an excellent way to deal with any error. After running it for a while, some internal issues may appear. If you restart the device, it will clear the corrupted cache and restore other things.
As a result, if any of these things cause YouTube VR, not working problem, a simple restart will fix it quickly.
3. Re-install the YouTube app
3.1 Uninstall YouTube
- Go to Quick Settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Next, go to Storage.
- Click on the Delete/Uninstall button next to the YouTube VR from the list of apps.
- Click on Uninstall on the popup.
3.2 Install YouTube VR again
- Go to Store.
- Search for the YouTube VR.
- Click the app from the Search results.
- Click the Install button.
The above steps should fix YouTube not working on Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2, and you can try to watch YouTube VR videos again.
4. Update Oculus Quest
- Go to Oculus Quest Settings like before.
- Navigate to the Software Update.
- If you find any available updates, click on the Update/Install button.
After updating, you will need to restart the device. Then see if it has fixed YouTube VR not working issue on Oculus or not.
5. Factory reset
- Turn off your Oculus Quest VR.
- Press the Power and Volume down buttons together and hold until you see a menu.
- Go to Factory reset and complete the process.
There are other ways to do a factory reset. But, this one is the easiest method. Of course, after resetting, you may need to set up the VR headset again. Nevertheless, using the YouTube VR app on Meta’s virtual reality headset may also fix your problem.
What VR video apps work on oculus quest?
Oculus Quest has amazing VR video apps. You can find almost all popular video streaming apps on this platform. These are the most mentionable ones:
- YouTube VR
- Prime Video VR
- Skybox VR
- National Geographic
You can find even more in its app store. Indeed, there are enough apps to give you an excellent VR video experience.
Oculus Quest 2 YouTube VR low quality
Low-quality video playback on YouTube VR is a widespread problem on platforms like Oculus Quest. In many cases, it is related to the internet bandwidth you have. Else, it may be because you have manually selected low resolution.
We suggest you have a decent internet connection and manually select the best resolution. You also should ensure that the VR headset software and the YouTube VR app are up-to-date.
Ensuring these things will help eliminate low-quality video issues on YouTube VR on Oculus Quest 2.
If interested, you can learn how to fix Oculus not working on Windows 11.
This article has mentioned the steps and methods to fix Oculus Quest YouTube VR not working problem. Let us know in the comment box if you know any other better ways to troubleshoot this problem.