How to Fix Office 2016 Issues in Windows 10
Office 2016 is available for both Windows 10 and Mac users, but of course, there are plenty of problems. Earlier today we talked about the problem with Word 2016 which hangs when saving files and now we’ve decided to compile more similar errors.
Fix common Office 2016 issues and errors
Microsoft has released an official web page with the most known issues with Office and Windows 10 and has provided a couple of fixes that it is suggesting. We’ve decided to add some more to the list, and if you happen to know a few, as well, do leave your input at the end and we will make sure to updated the list.
- You can’t find Office apps after Windows 10 upgrade – Windows 10 doesn’t pin the Office apps to the Start menu or the Taskbar by default, but there are a few ways to find and open Office applications from the Start screen and taskbar in Windows 10. Go ahead and read this for more details
- You can’t open or save Office files after upgrading to Windows 10 – This issue will be fixed in an update soon. Before that happens, you can try one of the workarounds here.
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 on new devices that include Office 365 – If you just purchased a new device that includes Office 365, we recommend installing Office before upgrading to Windows 10. Find more details here.
- When you try to update your Office Mobile apps, the Upgrade Now button in the Time to get your new Office prompt doesn’t upgrade the app – find the fix to this problem here.
- You see an error when opening Office 2013 documents after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, such as Word experienced an error trying to open the file or This file is corrupt and cannot be opened – To resolve this issue, start one of your Office 2013 applications, like Word, and then select File > Account > Update Options > Update Now to install the latest updates. You can find more details here.
- If you use Avast Antivirus, and you upgrade to Windows 10, your Office apps may crash when you try to open them – If you’re running Avast, try installing their R4 release here, which resolves the issue in most cases.
- You can’t print after upgrading to Windows 10 – obviously, ou may need to install new drivers for your printer and also try running the printing troubleshooter to fix the issue. If these don’t help, try this link.
- You get this error when opening Office 2013 apps after upgrading to Windows 10: We’re sorry, but <Office App name> has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly – you are again asked to run the troubleshooter and if that doesn’t work, try this here.
- When you try to activate Office after upgrading to Windows 10, you might receive this Error: (0X8004FC12) We are sorry, something went wrong and we can’t do this for you right now. Please try again later – you are asked to try one of the workarounds here to resolve the issue.
- You may receive this error while trying to save your Office files: You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. – you need to follow the steps to resolve the issue: press the Windows key on the keyboard and R; type Netplwiz and press Enter; select the User account that you’re having this problem with; select Properties, and then the Group Membership tab; select Administrator, then click OK twice. Sign out and sign back in.
- After upgrading Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, Outlook fails to send email, and you receive this error: User account – Sending’ reported error (0x800CCC13): ‘Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem. – for more information and the workaround, go ahead and check this article.
- After upgrading to Windows 10, Outlook 2013 might fail to open, and you receive this error: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:Users<username>DocumentsOutlook Filesfilename.pst. – go ahead and have a look at these official suggestions.
- After installing Windows 10, Business Contact Manager (BCM) may crash due to chart control issues during .Net registration. – you should know that BCM is dependent on the .NET framework for some of its features. Go ahead and consult this for more details.
- When you click a hyperlink to a Web page in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007, you’re prompted to specify Internet Explorer 11 as default browser. – go ahead and read here for the fixes.
Since the writing of this post, Microsoft released a series of new Windows 10 OS versions, including the Creators Update, the Fall Creators Update and the April Update. These updates also triggered new Office 2016 problems that we’ll list below.
Office 2016 issues on newer Windows 10 versions
- Office documents open slower after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. This is due to your antivirus tool which dynamically scans Office documents via the Antivirus API for Office when you open them. In this manner, your security software can detect malicious documents that use document encryption techniques. Microsoft is working on a fix.
- Office app icons appear very large or very small on the screen, as well as blurry text. This support page lists a series of potential solutions.
For more information on the most recent Office 2016 issues acknowledged by Microsoft, you can check out this support page.
So, have these fixes helped any of you? And if you do know some other annoying problems with Office 2016 in Windows 10, go ahead and leave your feedback below so that we could add more to the list.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- Solutions to fix Office errors 0-1011, 0-1005, 30183-1011, 30088-1015
- Full Fix: Another installation is in progress Office 365
- FIX: Couldn’t repair Office 2007/2010/2013/2016
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Despite the fact that Chrome is the market holder and the most used browser in the world, it still has some things that can be […]
User data is the next big thing, and the organizations and business are trying to outrun each other in the race. Collecting user data is […]
The HP Deskjet users are reporting issues with the startup error in Windows 10. Namely, at every startup, they see the There was a problem […]