Some Mac users have posted on the Microsoft forum about a Your account doesn’t allow editing on a Macerror. That’s an Office 365 error message which Mac users have reported appears randomly when they utilize Office applications.
One user stated:
Today it crashed and when I reopened it I got a ribbon that said, Your account doesn’t allow editing on a Mac. That can be an Office 365 licensing issue, but it’s not always.
How can I fix the Office 365 Mac editing error?
1. Check the Office 365 license
- Open the Office 365 login page in a browser
- Log in to Office 365
- Click your profile at the top right of the Office 365 portal
- Click My account on the sidebar
- Click Subscriptions on the left of the window
- Thereafter, check that your license is the latest desktop version of Office within the licenses section
- If not, you’ll need to get in touch with admin to get the right license
2. Reinstall Office 365
- Click Finder on the Mac Dock
- Select your Mac platform under Devices, and then click Applications
- Press the Command key to select all the MS Office applications
- Press the Ctrl key and click the MS Office applications that you selected
- Then you can select the Move to Trash option
- Thereafter, reinstall and reactive the MS Office suite
3. Delete Group Container Files
- Make sure that you’re signed out of your MS Office 365 account
- Next, open the Library folder
- This includes a Group Container subfolder
- Click Group Container to open that subfolder
- Then select to delete the following files: UBF8T346G9.ms, UBF8T346G9.Office, and UBF8T346G9.OfficeOsfWebHost
- Right-click and select Move to Trash to erase those files
Those are three resolutions that might fix Office 365‘s Your account doesn’t allow editing on a Mac error.
What methods did you use to fix this Office-365-related issue? Feel free to share any other potential fixes in the comment section below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: This product key cannot be used in your country/region on Office 365
- stalledduetotarget_mdbavailability Office 365 migration error
- Fix: Configuring your computer for information rights management stuck Office 365 issue