How to block ads in Opera and increase page loading speed
- The Opera ad blocker and multiple tab selection are some of the exclusive features this browser offers.
- To block ads in Opera you just have to enable this option and add exceptions, if that is the case.
- As a result, your browser will surely load faster, offering a more pleasant experience.
- Multiple tabs selection allows you to copy several URLs separately, for easier use.
Opera is one of the most underrated browsers for Windows. The good news though is that it has gained more popularity in the past years, thanks to the many features that few of the alternative browsers include.
For example, if you’re not a frequent Opera user, you might not know that it includes a built-in adblocker. With other browsers, ad blockers come as separate plugins that you have to install.
Also, we’re going to show you yet another trick in Opera: the option to select multiple tabs and paste them in a separate document.
But first, let’s block those annoying ads.
How do I block ads in Opera?
- Go to Settings.
- Under the Block ads, turn on Block ads and surf the web up to three times faster.
Further on, you can add exceptions if you want to see ads only on a specific site. Note that ads on certain sites are allowed by default.
By using the ad blocker, you will certainly see an increase in page loading times.
How can I select multiple tabs in Opera?
- Pressing the Ctrl key and selecting all the tabs you need.
- Then, right click on any tab.
- From the menu, select Copy page addresses.
You can paste all the addresses in a text editor. But unlike in Chrome, you can’t move them in a new window, to bulk open all tabs at once.
OperaKeep your browser updated with the latest version to benefit from all the exclusive, helpful features it has to offer.
Hopefully, you’ve learned something new about this amazing browser from this article. There are more to know about Opera, so take a look at our Opera section for more useful tips and guides.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.