A large number of the Origin application users have complained to EA about encountering an error when the shutdown of the PC is initiated.
This error can be extremely frustrating, especially if you set up your computer to enter Sleep mode after a certain amount of time, or to automatically turn off at a specific hour. This Origin error will not allow your PC to follow the instructions. This happens by displaying the error message inside a pop-up mentioned above, which stops the process.
Even though the developers at EA didn’t release any information regarding trying to solve this issue, let alone an official fix, we will discuss the best methods today.
The methods mentioned in this article have been compiled after hours of research on different forums, and they have worked for some users. Read on to find out more.
Here’s what you can try to fix the Origin app error on PC shutdown
1. Clean your computer’s registry by using CCleaner
- Download and install CCleaner.
- Launch the software -> select the Registry button -> click Analyze.
- After the process is completed -> select all results -> click Fix selected issues.
- Wait for the process of fixing your registry issues to complete.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
2. Test the RAM memory on your PC
Because the error mentioned above could be caused by an issue with your PC‘s RAM memory, it is important that you check for any problems.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Click on Cortana search box -> type in mdsched.exe -> press Enter.
- Choose between restarting the computer now to run the tool, or schedule the tool to run when your PC will be restarted next.
- Windows will now run Memory Diagnostics.
- When the testing is completed, your PC will restart automatically.
- Check to see if the issue persists. If it does, try the next method.
3. Close the Origin app before shutting down your PC
You can simply open the Origin app -> go to File -> select Exit, or use the Task Manager to close the process. To use the latter option follow these steps:
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on your keyboard to launch Task Manager.
- Search for the Origin application -> select it -> press the End Task button to close it.
4. Reinstall the operating system
Visit this link for more information regarding the process of reinstalling your OS.
We hope this guide offered you a good solution to deal with the Origin application error on shutdown message.
It is recommended that after each of the methods you check to see if the issue persists. This will allow you to solve the problem without diving too deep into the guide.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section found below.
- Can’t add friends on Origin client? Here’s how you can fix that
- How to fix Assassin’s Creed: Origins bugs on PC
- How to download original Microsoft FreeCell for Windows 10