When sending an email in the Outlook client, you may encounter the Outlook not implemented error. Apart from composing an email, the error can also occur when you try to receive, reply, forward, or even send a message leaving the user with a non-functioning email client.
The cause of Outlook not implemented error is attributed to multiple reasons including overprotective antivirus application, Outlook add-in, corrupted Outlook configuration as well as system files.
In this article, we have jotted down a couple of quick fixes to help you troubleshoot the Outlook not implemented error so that you can get back online composing new emails in no time.
How do I fix Outlook not implemented error in Windows?
1. Run MS Office repair tool
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and click OK to open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- From the list of installed apps, select Microsoft Office / Outlook.
- Click on Change / Repair.
- The Office repair tool will show the following options:
Quick Repair – Select this options first. It will quickly scan the program for installation-related issues and fix them without the need for an internet connection.
Online Repair – Use the second option if the issue persists. This may take longer to diagnose and fix the issue while also requiring access to the internet.
- Once done, close the troubleshooter and check for any improvements.
2. Go back to previous of Windows 10
- Before going back to the previous of Windows 10, try uninstalling the latest KB update and check if that resolves the error.
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Select Windows update.
- Click on View update history.
- Click on Uninstall updates.
- Select the most recently installed Windows KB Update.
- If you find an update that was installed just before the error started to occur, try uninstalling it first.
- Select the update and click Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, check if the Outlook error is resolved.
Install the previous version of Windows 10
- Go to Start > Settings.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Open the Recovery tab.
- Scroll down to Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
- Click the Get started button.
- Follow on-screen instructions to go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
After the restart, launch the Outlook client and check if the Outlook not implemented error is resolved.
If the Get started button is greyed out, it means the update is more than 10 days older; hence the option is not available anymore.
3. Disable third-party antivirus
- According to reports, third-party antivirus can create conflict with the email client.
- If you are using a third-party antivirus, try disabling it temporarily.
- Avast users, right-click on the Avast antivirus icon from the system tray.
- Select Avast Shield Control.
- Select one of the options to disable the antivirus temporarily.
- Alternatively, you can also select the Disable Permanently option.
- Once disabled, launch Outlook and check for any improvements.
- If the error is resolved, check if the antivirus is blocking connections from and to the Outlook client.
4. Disable compatibility mode
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following location:
C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14
- Right-click on Outlook.exe and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, open the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the “Run this program in compatibility mode” option.
- Under Settings uncheck “Run this program as administrator” option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The outlook is not implemented error can occur due to multiple reasons. By following the steps in this article, you can fix the error quickly.
Do let us know which method helped you resolve the error in the comments.