The RPC server is unavailable is a common error and it occurs in many network-based services, not only Outlook. The Remote Process Call server is a protocol that allows programs on one PC to access certain services of a program on a PC that’s on the same network. It’s quite important for the seamless network workflow.
Today, we’ll show you how to fix the error and allow Outlook to work without a halt.
How do I fix The RPC server is unavailable Outlook error?
1. Check the Firewall
The first thing to do is to confirm that the RPC server is allowed to communicate through Windows Firewall. Allowing it to freely communicate is simple, so here’s how to do it:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Firewall and select Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change settings.
- Make sure that the Remote Assistance is allowed to access both private and public networks.
- Confirm changes, reboot your PC, and look for improvements.
2. Make sure that the RPC-related services are running
The next thing to do is to ensure that RPC-related services are running. They usually start automatically, but there are more than a few reports about the system shutting them down. Follow these steps to enable them:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run command line.
- Type Services.msc and press Enter.
- Now, find these 3 services and make sure that they are running:
Remote Procedure Call Locator
Remote Access Connection Manager
and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager.
- If they are not running, open each service separately and set the Startup Type to Automatic.
3. Flush DNS
The next step, with the services running in the background, is to flush DNS and renew IP. This seemingly helped a lot of users deal with The RPC server is unavailable error on Outlook.
Follow these steps to flush DNS and renew IP:
- In the Windows Search bar, type CMD.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
- In the command line, type the following entries and press Enter after each:
netsh winsock reset
- Reboot your PC and try accessing Outlook again.
4. Repair Outlook
Finally, you can try and repair Outlook. This is a far-fetched solution but it might help on some occasions. Follow the steps below to reinstall Outlook on your PC:
- From the Start menu, open Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs.
- Click on the Office and select Change.
- Choose to Repair your installation and look for changes.
That should be that in regards to The RPC server is unavailable Outlook error. If we helped you, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- The address list cannot be displayed error in Outlook
- Outlook client shows a Disconnected message in Windows 10
- How to get rid of the name matching error in Outlook?