Panasonic launches rugged ToughBook CF-33 2-in-1 tablet for extreme outdoors
At the most recent Mobile World Congress, 2-in-1 Windows 10 devices were all the rage in the laptop and tablet segments, and Panasonic did not disappoint. While many 2-in-1 tablets on display sported a premium appearance, they did not seem capable of withstanding extreme conditions. Panasonic, on the other hand, bucked the trend with its Toughbook CF-33.
The Panasonic ToughBook CF-33 2-in-1 tablet has an IP65 rating, which means it is dust-resistant and protected against water projected from a nozzle. The device’s ruggedness is due to its magnesium chassis that allows it to endure drops and falls.
Other key features of the tablet include:
- Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login quickly and easily with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
- Desktop Port Replicator that allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop to be used as a high-performance desktop device. The four-bay battery charger is ideal for large organizations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime
The ToughBook CF-33 also sports a 12-inch screen that boasts a resolution of 2160×1440 pixels, with a 3:2 ratio optimal for viewing documents. Like the other high-end tablets, Panasonic’s offering also ships with a stylus rated IP55. The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 comes in two variants: one with a detachable keyboard and another without.
Pricing and availability
In the U.S., the Panasonic CF-33 will be available in May from accredited Panasonic resellers starting at $3,499. $4,099 gets you the model with the keyboard. In Europe, the tablet will be available in second quarter of 2017 with a standard 3-year warranty. The Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop model will be available to purchase for €3552/£2627 + VAT, while the Toughbook CF-33 tablet only model will go on sale for €2992/£2213 + VAT.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Top 5 rugged Windows laptops to withstand the worst conditions
- Panasonic Toughbook 54 is the best semi-rugged laptop in the world
- Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 is a New Windows 10 IoT Mobile Rugged Tablet Aimed at Workers
A serial port can be useful, but some users reported Unable to open serial port message on their PC. This can be a big problem, […]
Most of us print documents frequently, but sometimes Operation on the printer is required message can appear and prevent you from printing. This can be […]