Panasonic launches rugged ToughBook CF-33 2-in-1 tablet for extreme outdoors
At the most recent Mobile World Congress, 2-in-1 Windows 10 devices were all the rage in the laptop and tablet segments, and Panasonic did not disappoint. While many 2-in-1 tablets on display sported a premium appearance, they did not seem capable of withstanding extreme conditions. Panasonic, on the other hand, bucked the trend with its Toughbook CF-33.
The Panasonic ToughBook CF-33 2-in-1 tablet has an IP65 rating, which means it is dust-resistant and protected against water projected from a nozzle. The device’s ruggedness is due to its magnesium chassis that allows it to endure drops and falls.
Other key features of the tablet include:
- Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login quickly and easily with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
- Desktop Port Replicator that allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop to be used as a high-performance desktop device. The four-bay battery charger is ideal for large organizations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime
The ToughBook CF-33 also sports a 12-inch screen that boasts a resolution of 2160×1440 pixels, with a 3:2 ratio optimal for viewing documents. Like the other high-end tablets, Panasonic’s offering also ships with a stylus rated IP55. The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 comes in two variants: one with a detachable keyboard and another without.
Pricing and availability
In the U.S., the Panasonic CF-33 will be available in May from accredited Panasonic resellers starting at $3,499. $4,099 gets you the model with the keyboard. In Europe, the tablet will be available in second quarter of 2017 with a standard 3-year warranty. The Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop model will be available to purchase for €3552/£2627 + VAT, while the Toughbook CF-33 tablet only model will go on sale for €2992/£2213 + VAT.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Top 5 rugged Windows laptops to withstand the worst conditions
- Panasonic Toughbook 54 is the best semi-rugged laptop in the world
- Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 is a New Windows 10 IoT Mobile Rugged Tablet Aimed at Workers
Microsoft has finally started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. As expected, this release brings a bunch of issues […]
FIFA 19 is Electronic Arts’ football simulation video game. This is the most popular football simulator game with millions of active players. Many users reported […]
From the old days of hundreds of CDs and DVDs, larger and larger hard drives, to cloud services now, gaming has grown significantly. The need […]