Windows 10 users reported an issue when booting their computers. Instead of getting to the Windows loading screen, the PC boots directly into the BIOS. This unusual behavior could be triggered by different causes: recently changed/added hardware, hardware damage, improper hardware connections, and other issues.
In order to attempt fixing this issue, we managed to come up with a series of fixes to help you out.
How to stop PC from automatically going to BIOS
1. Check hardware connection
- If you recently added new hardware, fiddled with the existing hardware or you simply moved your computer around, make sure everything is in order. Hardware that is not properly plugged in could trigger the BIOS to open every time you try to load Windows.
- Check the CMOS battery.
- Unplug all peripherals and try booting that way.
- Turn Off your PC and unplug all cords. Hold the Power button for a minute to discharge it. Plug in everything and check for the resolution.
2. Disable Fast Boot and set your system drive as the primary option
- Access the BIOS utility.
- Go to Advanced settings > choose the Boot settings.
- Disable Fast Boot > Save changes and restart the computer.
- Set your HDD as the primary booting device and confirm changes.
3. Move your BCD store
- Select the BCD Backup/Repair section.
- Under BCD Management Options, choose Change boot drive > click Perform Action.
- In the Select New Partition window make sure to set the new boot drive to C: – or the drive you have Windows installed in > select OK.
4. Run the Windows Repair tool
- In order to utilize the Windows Repair tool, you’ll need to have a bootable Windows USB stick/DVD. Learn how to create it, here.
- Connect the flash drive/DVD to your computer and set it as the Primary Boot Drive.
- Restart the computer and wait for the bootable device to load. After it finishes loading, choose the Run Windows Repair option and follow through with the process.
- This should fix the existing errors and make the system boot properly.
We hope that at least one of our solutions was of help to you. If you found this article helpful, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- How to access BIOS on a Windows 7/Windows 10 PC
- Fix: Can Only Boot into UEFI BOOT But Bios is not Working [Windows 10]
- Full Fix: Acpi_bios_error error on Windows 10, 8.1, 7