Many users reported that their PC automatically starts when plugged in. This can be a problem for some, and in this article, we’ll show you two simple methods you can use to fix this problem.
What to do if the computer turns on without pressing the power button?
1. Remove motherboard battery
- Note: This solution requires you to open your computer case. If your PC is under warranty, perhaps it would be best to contact the official repair center.
- Open your computer case and locate the motherboard battery.
- Carefully remove it from the motherboard. Note: Be extra cautious not to damage any other hardware while removing the battery.
- Once the battery is removed, wait for 10 minutes or more, and insert the battery again.
- Start your PC and check if the problem is still there.
- Note: If you’re not comfortable with removing the battery on your own, contact a professional or try our next solution.
2. Reset BIOS settings
- Enter BIOS. If you don’t know how to do that, be sure to check out a guide on how to access BIOS.
- Now, wait for your BIOS settings to load. This should take only a few seconds. After the loading is complete, the BIOS settings menu will appear on the screen.
- Look for the Setup Defaults option. If this option isn’t available, look for Factory Default, Setup Defaults, Reset to Default or something similar.
- After this, you will have to select the Load Setup Defaults.
- Now you will just have to save the changes. After this, the process of exiting BIOS settings will start and your computer will automatically restart.
We hope that this article helped you solve the issue. After using these two solutions, your PC shouldn’t start automatically when plugged in anymore. If you found our solutions helpful, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.