As the name suggests, Product Information Management software (PIM) allows you to store every bit of information that involves your business products – description, pricing, shipping setup, logistics, etc.
This type of software is also known by other names – Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Resource Management (PRM), Master Data Management (MDM), and others.
The most important thing to consider when choosing a PIM software is to make sure that it can easily store entire ranges of product information, under one easy to understand and access hub.
This allows you to streamline the process of product management, promotion, and also configuration.
In this article, we will explore some of the best PIM software available on the market in 2019.
What’s the best PIM software for Windows 10 PC?
IBM InfoSphere MDM
IBM InfoSphere MDM is a great software option that gives you complete control over the way your business data is managed, without needing to be an expert in the field.
This software helps you always keep your business’s values and terms in accordance with the specific rules set in that domain, data management, and all the policies found in your establishment.
Because this is a hybrid application, your data will always be stored online and can be easily accessed from anywhere in the world, by simply using a Windows 10 PC connected to the Internet.
Because of its customizable structure, this software can adapt to any environment and makes it easy for your IT team to modify it if needed.
Here are some of the best features found in IBM InfoSphere MDM:
- Great built-in domain patterns covering a wide range of industries
- Advanced management tools – self-service access, analytical graphs, etc.
- Easy to understand user interface
- Option to use the service entirely online at a lower cost
- Real-time sharing of information across all departments of your company
Product 360 is another great software option that offers you access to all the tools you need in order to manage every aspect of your products for your business.
You can also buy and publish up to date information about any product in your online store, offering your customers the ability to choose the best product, while also saving your company valuable time.
One of the best features found in Product 360 is its ability to automatically collect and store all the data from your ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM ( Customer Relations Manager) software, but also from the data stored on your PC – images, videos, texts, data polls, etc., and then manage the entire data package in accordance to your company’s requirements.
Managing all the aspects of data processing allows you to offer your clients up to date information about the products they are interested in, allows your company to find out valuable information about the client’s preferences, and adapt accordingly.
Here are some of the best features found in Product 360:
- Great overview of all customer data
- Allows collaboration over the web for retailers, distributors, suppliers, etc.
- Can be used to embed digital assets for your marketing department
- Automated data processing
- Great data storage quality and business process management
Salsify is another great software option that can help you manage every aspect of your product platform, from customer preferences to the way you present your product-related information on the web.
Because of its high-performance engines, this software can gather all the information relating to the way your customer reached your website, giving you valuable information about how you can make the process more efficient.
Salsify can also take the capability of product management from your IT team, and adapt it so it can be easily understandable by anyone in your company, while also offering you the tools to modify any aspect of your product management and client data storage.
These tools allow you to always keep in touch with your client’s preferences, and gives you comprehensive results regarding the level of completion for each of your product’s dataset.
Here are some of the best features found in Salsify:
- Uses SaaS databases with applied machine learning
- Can generate recommendations about your digital catalogs and products
- Can easily import product data from any software
- Retailers that use your platform can inform you in real-time about their preferences
- Automatically sorts data that can and can’t be used for your products
- Perfectly integrates with a wide range of APIs
- Connects seamlessly to analytics providers, content agencies, distributor channels, retailer and distributor portals, etc.
- Very powerful machine learning that can adapt your business’s platform automatically based on the data received
- Scalable to any size
- Security features – single sign-on, data encryption, user roles, and permissions, etc.
In this article, we explored some of the best PIM (Product Information Management) software options that give you the power to manage every aspect of the way you present, sell and manage data for your business.
The wide range of features found in the software presented in this list offer you all the tools you need for a fast, and more efficient data management.
Using these features to your advantage allows you not to worry about the compartmentalization of information, and assures a more streamlined way of dealing with updating product information for customers while adapting to your customer’s needs.
Please feel free to let us know what software option you chose from this list by using the comment section below.