- Pinterest is a popular platform for sharing images and pictures to motivate, educate, or promote products and ideas.
- Sometimes, the Pinterest button may not work on your browser. We compiled this guide to help you fix the issue in no time.
- In order to find similar guides, feel free to visit this Pinterest section as well.
- Visit our Web Browsers Hub too for additional tips that will come in handy when dealing with other browser-related issues.
hePinterest is a great platform for sharing images, pictures, and works of art. It offers a simple way to keep in touch with your friends and people with similar hobbies.
Usually, the platform is error-free, but there are some instances in which users need to fix some issues. One of these problems is related to the browser button.
In other words, the Pinterest browser button is not working. The Pinterest extension is very useful to those who want to access Pinterest with only one click.
So, the Pinterest browser button should run smoothly. But this is not always the case. Luckily, we have some solutions for you to fix the issue in no time.
What to do if the Pinterest browser button isn’t working?
1. Try using a different browser
Sometimes, this issue can be caused by your web browser, and in order to fix it and make sure the Pinterest browser button, it’s advised to try a different one.
There are many great browsers on the market, but if you want a lightweight and reliable one, rest assured that Opera is an ideal choice.
This browser uses the same engine as Chrome, meaning that it can use all of Chrome’s extensions. Unlike Chrome, this one won’t send any of your data to Google, so your privacy will remain protected.
Besides that, Opera has various other privacy features, such as the unlimited VPN and a built-in ad blocker to load webpages up to 90% faster.
OperaTo make the Pinterest browser button work again, download Opera. Rest assured that this issue will be gone for good!
2. Clear cache and cookies
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete to open the Clear browsing data menu.
- Select All time as the time range.
- Select Browsing history, Download history, Cookies, and other site data, Cached images and files.
- Click on the Clear Data button.
This issue might appear if you didn’t clear the cache and cookies from your browser for a long time. These temporary Internet files could get corrupted, so it will affect your browser.
For Google Chrome, follow the steps above to delete the cache and cookies. For other browsers, the steps are somewhat similar.
3. Disable other extensions
Some extensions might not be good for your browser. Disable them one by one to see which extension causes the issue.
Also, we recommend you not to keep a great number of extensions because they might affect your browser’s performance.
4. Update your browser
An updated browser is more efficient and secure. Keep in mind to update your browser constantly to have an error-free online experience.
Moreover, updating your browser might fix your Pinterest browser button.
If the Pinterest browser button is not working, we have a few solutions for you that will work, as you can see above. They seem to do wonders when facing any of these issues as well:
- Pinterest Save button not working – Usually, this problem is not as serious as it seems and can be solved with basic operations that are beneficial to your browser. You can update your browser, clear the cache, or check if one of your extensions is faulty.
- Pinterest button greyed out – If that’s your issue as well, the above tips may help you out. Of course, if you lack the time to go through all these steps, download Opera.
FAQ: Learn more about Pinterest
- Why is my Pinterest button not working?
- How do I add the Pinterest button to my browser?
If you want to connect your browser to your Pinterest account, open the Chrome Web Store and search for the Pinterest Save Button extension. Click on the Add to Chrome button. To add an image to your board, simply click on the Pinterest extension in your browser, select the image you want to save and then click on the board where you want to store it.
- Why can’t I save pins on Pinterest anymore?
If Pinterest fails to save pins, there might be a glitch somewhere. To fix it, sign out of your Pinterest account and then log back on, clear your browser cache and cookies or switch to another browser.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.