- An outdated Chrome browser can prevent it from working with the Pinterest web.
- It allows users to use Pinterest on web browsers, without downloading any external app.
- Cache and cookies are helpful in some ways, but they can cause Pinterest not to work on Chrome.
Pinterest is a platform for sharing images and social media services. It allows you to share, save, discover information, and download images, animated GIFs, and videos.
Users can create pinboards for their activities on Pinterest. However, to make it easy for users to access it, a web version was created.
This is helpful as it is available across different operating systems and browsers. Nonetheless, users still ask questions, and a frequent one is why Pinterest is not working in Chrome. The cause for this may vary, but there are solutions to help fix these issues.
Why is Pinterest not working in Chrome?
1. Cache and cookies issues
Cache and cookies help the Chrome browser collect site information that it uses to improve how it works. They can block the route from sites like Pinterest to the server. So, as long as the cache and cookies are in the way, Pinterest won’t work on Chrome.
2. Outdated browser
The Chrome browser has some bugs that the developers work on during maintenance. These patches are what they release as updates. Thus, if your Chrome browser is not updated, it can prevent it from running on Pinterest.
Try loading Pinterest from a different browser and see if it works. We recommend Opera because it’s frequently updated, hence very stable and secure.
Stay inspired and manage your boards error-free with dedicated extensions for Pinterest!
3. Extension interference
Google Chrome has extensions that users can download to help add more features to their browser. However, some extensions can cause difficulties with Chrome loading the Pinterest web app. So, if there is interference from an unsupported extension, it’ll interrupt the communication between Chrome and Pinterest.
4. Incognito mode
Using Chrome in a private or incognito mode can prevent Pinterest from working on it.
How do I enable Pinterest on Chrome?
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Go to the Chrome web store page and search for Pinterest Save Button.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
Follow the prompts to download the Pinterest button and complete the installation.
What can I do if Pinterest doesn’t work in Chrome?
1. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Launch Chrome browser and click the More icon.
- Select More Tools, click Clear browsing data and select All time.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
2. Update the Chrome browser
- Launch the Chrome browser, click the More button, and Settings.
- Click About Chrome and select Update Google Chrome.
- If there’s an update available, it’ll update automatically.
3. Disable other extensions
- Launch the Chrome browser and click the extension icon.
- Select Extensions Manager.
- Disable other extensions by toggling off the blue icon beside them.
The Pinterest browser button extension helps you perform actions easily.
These are the most effective fixes for you to fix Pinterest not working in Chrome. However, you can try the Incognito tab if all these fixes failed to troubleshoot the problem.
Another thing that you should be cautious about while using Pinterest is privacy. Let us know which solution worked for you in the comments area below.