PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds issues: Low FPS rate, sound stuttering, and more
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is an Early Access last-man-standing shooter gam where players start with nothing and must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle where there can only be one survivor.
All the action of the game takes place on a massive 8×8 km island. Thanks to the Unreal Engine 4’s capabilities, the game delivers an exceptional level of detail that fully immerses players into it gameplay.
Since PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds are still work in progress, there are many potential issues that can limit your gaming experience. Its developers are working at full speed to fix these bugs and will regularly roll out various patches to do so.
If you’re planning to buy PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, read over its list of issues below so you know what to expect.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds reported issues
- Host connection issues
Players report that they sometimes can’t connect to a host due to long wait times. Lucky players who do manage to connect, though, quickly get disconnected after a few minutes.
So after clicking PLAY and spending some time in loading screen I get this error, anyone else has the same thing?
- Low FPS rate and lagging
Many players report the game is almost unplayable due to low FPS issues. Common troubleshooting solutions, such as a running the game on higher or lower settings, don’t help at all.
Hi, i have 1080 GTX EVGA FTW 16 Go Ram and 2600K, but i can’t reach more than 40 fps when i’m alone in the middle of nowhere, when i’m inside cities i’m like 20-25 fps. I really don’t understand, i have the same fps in Ultra and Low, nothing change, i’ve tried everything i’ve found on internet and forum, nothing work…
- Games won’t start
If you’re experiencing start issues, rest assured you’re not the only one. According to player reports, when they hit the play button, Steam confirms that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds runs but nothing actually happens.
i start the game, steam say its runing, then its say its not runing anymore and nothing happened on my screen.
- Sound issues
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is affected by a series of sound issues: Sound stuttering, an echo when various sounds are produced, louder crouched movement when compared to regular movement, and more.
This game has by far some of the worst sound that i have ever encounted in a Game. I can almost never tell where cars are coming from and from what direction people are shooting at me from.
- Buildings aren’t loading in
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds reportedly takes a few minutes to fully load buildings. When players first enter a specific area, buildings appear to be made out of dough.
Sometimes when I land after parachuting, buildings will appear as ugly looking things that look as if they’re made out of play-dough, and there is no collision with them. It then freezes for about 1-2 mins until all the buildings are properly loaded in.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds known issues
Bluehole has also published a list of known issues affecting various elements of the game. The list includes the following bugs:
- Characters may seem like they are shaking when in spectate mode
- (For non-English users) Some of the in-game texts may still show in English
- Collision checks on destructed doors may not be in sync with how they look
- Doors are not able to be interacted with.
- Various spots around the map where you get stuck in holes and other areas, as well as many places inside houses you can get stuck.
- We are aware of a weapon switch bug that prevents players from performing this action and are now investigating. Thank you for your patience.
- After exiting a match the menu freezes or displays no content and you cannot start another game until you restart the game. Also for some it doesn’t freeze but just takes a very long time to load.
- Unplugging a controller mid-game causes a white dialog to pop up in the middle of the screen which cannot be closed with KB & mouse.
- Issues with non-English keyboards and binding certain keys.
- Crouch moving is louder than the standard run sound
- When spectating and first player is crouched the zoom to ADS is pulled back.
- Certain hair style + hair color combination will cause the overall hair not be visible
- Microphone/VOIP does not work in Duos/Squads
- Revive in DUOS/SQUAD does not stop the bleed effect.
- Water deflects bullets.
- Still unable to pick up some items.
- 4x scope needs a slight adjustment to the top of the red pin in the optical.
For the full list of issues, check out PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ official website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Facebook Live now supports PC game streaming
- Microsoft brings in-game chat transcription to Windows 10 and Xbox One
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]