Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a popular multiplayer online game and to participate in the gameplay the users need to go through matchmaking which allows them to play with other players in their ranks. However, a good number of users have reported “Player unknown battlegrounds matchmaking failed” issue on the official PUBG and Reddit Community Forums.
Since the last update whenever I play solo, every other round I get a message stating matchmaking has failed, some of the menu text gets messed up, and I have to restart the game to get into around. Anyone else experiencing this? Haven’t seen any discussions about it.
Follow the troubleshooting tips in this article to fix PUBG matchmaking failed issues.
How to fix the Matchmaking failed error on PUBG
1. Refresh or Restart PUBG
- In case you are consistently getting the matchmaking failed error, try to refresh the lobby. If failed, try again multiple times until you are connected.
- If that fails, try to restart the game. In case you are stuck at your last queue and the game was already started, you should be able to connect after restarting the game.
2. Verify the Game Files in Steam
- If the error is appearing on your Steam Client, try to verify the integrity of game files to fix the error.
- Launch Steam client on your PC.
- Click on the Library tab and select Games.
- Now right-click on PUBG and select Properties
- Click on Locate Files tab.
- Click the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
- Steam will scan and try to fix any issues with the game files.
- Exit Steam and relaunch it. Check if you are able to connect and join other players.
3. Change the Region to North America
- If the issue persists, try to change the region in the game to North America. Users have reported that changing the region helped resolve the matchmaking issue.
- Launch PlayerUnknown’s Battleground and choose a game mode. Open Menu and select Region.
- Click the drop-down menu and select it to NA (North America).
- Save the changes and check if matchmaking goes through.
- Although it is a temporary workaround, it should help you keep busy until the issues are resolved if from the developers end.
- If the issue persists, try to disconnect and reconnect to your WiFi network. If that does not work, connect to your phone’s WiFi hotspot and try again.
4. Reinstall the Game
- If nothing seems working, as a last resort, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
- If you are on Steam, click the Library tab and select Games.
- Now right-click on the game and select Uninstall.
- Relaunch Steam and reinstall PUBG.
- After the installation is over, check for any improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Download Tencent Gaming Buddy PUBG Mobile emulator for PC
- Fix PUBG black screen on launch in 11 quick steps
- What to do if PUBG won’t start after update