Power BI service allows the users to create and share apps (content types) that combines related dashboard reports. All the users with access to the Power BI dashboard can access the Apps menu and install the apps. However, some users have reported that they can’t find the app in Power BI Service as reported in the Power BI community forums.
Fix this by following the steps below.
How do I access Power BI apps?
1. Get Share Apps Button
- If one of the users in your organization is unable to access the Get Apps option in Power BI service, do the following.
- Login to your Power BI Service.
- Publish a random app running in premium to that user.
- Copy the link of the published app and send it to the user over email or messaging apps.
- Ask the user to click on the app link. The app link will take the user to the report section.
- Ask the users to click the Apps icon in the Power BI Dashboard. The users should be able to see the Get Apps button in the dashboard now.
2. You can’t Share App to People Outside Organization
- While the Power BI service allows the users to share the resources between the users within the organization, one of the limitations of the Power BI Service is that you cannot Share Apps with people outside the organization.
- The External B2B Guests can only consume the contents provided including viewing apps, dashboard, and report but can’t access the workspace or publish their own content.
- Share App feature is currently not available for the Power BI Mobile users. Check if your mobile app store for any updates in case the feature becomes available in the future.
3. Get Shared Apps in the Get Apps menu
- After you publish and share the app, you need to visit the Get Apps menu to access it.
- Shared apps are not available in any app workspace.
- Alternatively, you can share the app link directly with the user to install on their workspace. All the users can access the published app and can view their content directly.
- Make sure you publish all the organization content pack to the new workspace to be able to access the data from the organization content pack.
By following the above steps you should be able to fix Power BI can’t find app problem with your Power BI Service account. Make sure you leave any other tips that worked for you in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Microsoft Power BI App Makes its Way to Windows 10
- Download Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store to create interactive reports
- Microsoft partners with Intel to make Bing Intelligent Search more powerful