Microsoft Power BI is a collection of software services, apps, and it connects data from multiple sources to present visually immersive and interactive insights. However, some users have reported “power bi we can’t finish signing you up, Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft BI. Contact them to complete signup.” error while trying to sign up for the service.
Follow the steps given in this article troubleshoot the Power Bi we can’t finish signing you up error.
Why can’t I sign up for Microsoft Power BI?
1. Contact the Administrator
- As the error states, seems like your Office administrator has closed the sign up for Power BI.
- The best thing you can do here is to contact your office 365 administrator.
- The administrator needs to provide a license in Office 365 Admin center for you to be able to access Power BI.
- If the Office administrator has already done their part, follow other troubleshooting tips below.
2. Force Logout from the Microsoft Account
- If the issue persists, try to log out and log in to your Microsoft again to fix the issue.
- If you are unable to log out from the Microsoft Account, try the following URL to do the same.
Log out from Microsoft Account
- Once you are logged out from the Microsoft account, relaunch the browser and log in again.
3. Use the Organization’s Email Account
- Power BI doesn’t work with the personal email address of the user.
- If you have received access to Power BI, your organization may have also given you the email address that uses their custom email account alias.
- Use the email address provided by your School or Organization such as @companyname.com.uk or @schoolname.co.edu to login.
- If you don’t have access to any such email address it is time to contact your office administrator again.
4. Use PowerShell Command
- If you are the administrator, use the following PowerShell command to allow your existing users to sign up for Power BI.
- Right-click on the Start button and select PowerShell (Admin).
- In the PowerShell command prompt enter, the following command and press enter to execute.
Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true
- Wait for the command to execute and now ask the users to log in and again check for any improvements.
As a side note, if you prefer working in the web-based environment we highly suggest using the safest and the most private browser there is. We at WindowsReport thoroughly tested it over a span of few months and can say only good things about UR Browser.
Coming from the small EU-based development team, this browser has a variety of privacy and security features that will make your online presence much more. Check out our review of UR Browser, or download it now and try it out.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Download Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store to create interactive reports
- Your computer exceeds the power rating [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]