Microsoft Power BI is a collection of software services, apps, and it connects data from multiple sources to present visually immersive and interactive insights. However, some users have reported “power bi we can’t finish signing you up, Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft BI. Contact them to complete the signup.” error while trying to sign up for the service.
Following the steps given in this article to troubleshoot the Power Bi, we can’t finish the signing you up error.
Why can’t I sign up for Microsoft Power BI?
1. Contact the Administrator
- As the error states, seems like your Office administrator has closed the sign up for Power BI.
- The best thing you can do here is to contact your office 365 administrator.
- The administrator needs to provide a license in Office 365 Admin center for you to be able to access Power BI.
- If the Office administrator has already done their part, follow other troubleshooting tips below.
2. Force Logout from the Microsoft Account
- If the issue persists, try to log out and log in to your Microsoft again to fix the issue.
- If you are unable to log out from the Microsoft Account, try the following URL to do the same.
Log out from Microsoft Account
- Once you are logged out from the Microsoft account, relaunch the browser and log in again.
3. Use the Organization’s Email Account
- Power BI doesn’t work with the personal email address of the user.
- If you have received access to Power BI, your organization may have also given you the email address that uses their custom email account alias.
- Use the email address provided by your School or Organization such as @companyname.com.uk or @schoolname.co.edu to login.
- If you don’t have access to any such email address it is time to contact your office administrator again.
4. Use PowerShell Command
- If you are the administrator, use the following PowerShell command to allow your existing users to sign up for Power BI.
- Right-click on the Start button and select PowerShell (Admin).
- In the PowerShell command prompt enter, the following command and press enter to execute.
Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true
- Wait for the command to execute and now ask the users to log in and again check for any improvements.
As a side note, if you prefer working in the web-based environment we highly suggest using the safest and the most private browser there is. We at WindowsReport thoroughly tested it over a span of a few months and can say only good things about Opera Browser.
In terms of performance, Opera also has a unique Turbo feature that can be used when you have an extremely slow connection, such as airport wifi.
When turned on, it can load pages much faster on a slower connection by using an algorithm that removes images and other heavy content, allowing you to see the basics of the page.
Opera also offers data savings through compression technologies that are not seen in other browsers.
The difficulty to sign in to Power BI is not an unsolvable challenge. How did you deal with it and resolve it? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.