Microsoft is working hard on their Power BI service and mobile.
Power BI Desktop’s update brings a lot of new changes
The most important improvement added is the highly anticipated feature from the Microsoft Business Application Summit, grouping.
This new feature allows you to group visuals, shapes, text boxes, images, and buttons together on your report page. But that’s not the only thing that’s changing.
Here’s the full list of improvements:
- Grouping visuals
- Filter pane auto-update
- Icon style picker for Icons conditional formatting
- Conditional formatting warnings
Key influencers improvements
- Measure support
- General availability
xViz visualization suite by Visual BI
- Multiple Axis chart
- Marimekko chart
- Variance chart
- Horizon chart
- Support for SAP HANA HDI Containers
- Edit SAP variables in Power BI Service (preview)
- PostgreSQL DirectQuery (beta)
- MarkLogic connector now generally available
- New Power Platform category within Get Data
- Facebook Pages – Basic Analytics
You can also check out the following video for a summary of the major updates:
If you’re looking to download Power BI Desktop, you can do so from the Microsoft Store.
What’s your opinion on the latest Power BI Desktop improvements? Leave your answer in the comments section below.
- How to disable filters in Power BI [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
- Power BI Desktop won’t launch: 4 ways to solve this
- Can’t export to Power BI Desktop format? We have the solution