The modern wireless printers allow users to print using their phone and computer wirelessly. Sometimes, that dynamic duo might not work as printer and phone won’t connect. This issue can be caused by configuration issues with the Wireless router or network settings.
Follow the steps listed in this article to fix my printer and phone won’t connect.
How do I connect my wireless printer to my phone?
1. Perform Quick Power Reset
- Start with powering off your Phone.
- Now turn off the Router. Unplug the ethernet cable from the Router as well.
- Also, turn off your printer.
- Wait for a minute and leave the devices off.
- Now turn on the router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
- Turn on the printer and allow it to configure automatically.
- Now try to connect your phone and printer to the network.
Restore Network Default
If the issue persists, do the following.
- After restarting the printer, touch Setup.
- Select Wireless and then tap Wireless Settings.
- Select Restore Network Defaults.
- Power off your printer and power it on.
2. Assign a Static IP Address and Manual DNS Address
- Press the Wireless Button on the printer and obtain the IP address of the printer.
- Now type the IP address of your printer in the web browser of your computer.
- Open the Network tab.
- Click on Wireless (802.11).
- Click on “Network address (IPv4)“.
- Now click on the radio button which says “Manual IP“.
- Click on “Suggest a manual IP address“.
- This will assign a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on “Manual DNS Server” radio button.
- Now type the following DNS server in the Manual Prefered type and Manual alternate type field.
Manual Prefered Type – 184.108.40.206
Manual Alternate Type 220.127.116.11
- Save the changes and close the Printer EWS page.
- Now try to connect the printer to your phone and check if the issue is resolved.
3. Run the Printer Troubleshooter
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
- Click on Printer and select “Run the Troubleshooter“.
- Wait for the Windows to scan the system and check for any issues that might be affecting the printer functionality.
- Apply any recommended fix and check for any improvements.
4. Check your Phone
- Use any other phone and check if you can connect it to your printer.
- If succeded, then you may need to check your phone for the issues.
- Try to reboot the phone and check if that resolves the error.
- If your phone is asking for a password for connecting to the printer, then print out the Network Test page from your printer to see your password.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to fix error 49.4c02 on your HP printer
- There was a problem connecting to the server HP printer error [Fix]
- Printer won’t print on Windows 10 [FIX]