- Advertising your services through promotional materials is necessary if you want to create and maintain a connection with your customers.
- It's always exciting to create your own business cards and in this article we'll show you how to choose the right printer for it, because not all devices are created equally.
- Stay up to date with the latest information on this subject and find out more novelties about printers.
- See what is the next best thing regarding hardware or any other gadgets by taking a look at our complex Buying Guides Hub.
Whether you own a small business or you want to advertise your part time services, you need a good printer if you want to create your own promotional materials like business cards, flyers etc.
Using a specially designed device for this type of activity is mandatory. The reason is that a normal one can’t handle the thick paper required for creating business cards and you risk breaking it.
The most popular and user-friendly printing solution is the digital method which involves printing from a digital source such as a computer by using a high-speed inkjet or a high volume laser printer.
These type of devices are perfect for small office businesses or freelance entrepreneurs, so in this article we’re going to analyze which are the best to fit these particular needs.
What is the best printer for business cards?
- Official Magicard Trust ID software
- Fast producing full-color cards in 35 seconds
- Easy to use thanks to the pre-defined card template
- Color ribbon limited to 150 double-sided cards
Magicard comes with a complex high-quality inkjet printer that can print on both sides and offers a pack of supplies with everything you need to get the job done immmediately.
You will get a MA300YMCKO Color ribbon (300 prints), 300 PVC cards, and Cleaning cards. An important addition that will help you create professional business cards is the Trust ID design Software. This is an easy to use tool that can save up to 200 different ID’s.
With the Magicard HoloKote visual security feature, you can add a patented watermark to each of your card. Another interesting element are the HoloKote patterns that allow you to customize the design of your prints.
- Fast printing capacity 16 seconds per card
- Easy to use: setup and support included
- Bono ID Card Software with templates
- Not compatible with MAC OS 10.13 or above
This inkjet one side printer is another professional device that comes with a pack of 250 color ribbon prints, Fargo 45000, and 300 high quality durable white Bodno PVC cards.
Fargo introduces a very user friendly printer that includes easy set up instructions and a Bodno software that will help you make excellent business cards in no time.
One feature that will come in very useful is the incorporated camera that allows you to take ID photos, so you can make professional cards for your employees or collaborators.
- Fast printing speed of 32 pages per minute in color
- Inexpensive thanks to individual inks and high-capacity cartridges
- Printing directly from the HP device to conform to modern business requirements
- Connectivity to the PC with Hi-speed USB 2.0.6
- Problems with the wireless connection
HP is known to be on top of the game when it comes to printers and this inkjet model suitable for cards or brochures, definitely raises to the expectations.
With this device you can create materials of various sizes ranging from 3×5 inches to 13×19 inches. This means that you can expand the way you want to advertise your business by making complex promotional materials. Its versatility and lightweight design make it an ideal home office printer.
An excellent characteristic of this printer that will simplify your work and save you plenty of time is that you can get the job done without actually using a PC. All you need to do is use a memory card slot and the incorporated 2.36 inches to print documents directly from the HP device.
- Fast speed printing of 33 items per minute
- Easy set-up of wireless connection through Gigabit Ethernet network interface
- Monthly optimal printing volume of 4000 pages
- Scanning errors may occur
Brother comes with a device that demonstrates the fact that laser printers can be a great option for making business cards or other advertising materials.
Thanks to this printer you can create up to 33 cards per minute, also the robust design along with the fast paced printing abilities, make it great home office printer.
With this HP device you also get a 5 inches color touchscreen where you can easily access the menu and customize a maximum of 64 shortcuts. The printer also offers built-in wireless connection that makes digital printing easy, directly from your phone.
- Printing files stored in cloud apps using the 2. 7 inches color touchscreen of the printer
- Paper type variety from envelopes to card stocks
- Mobile device printing
- The set-up can be a little difficult
Another option from Brother allows you to print at a good speed business cards as well as flyers or brochures in vivid colors, making it a perfect home office printer.
Regarding technology, this device is similar to color laser printers when it comes to quality but uses 4 LED assemblies instead of a laser unit.
If you’re looking to save money on toner then this printer is for you because it has various settings that allow you to do just that, like Toner Save Mode and the Standard or High-Yield feature. You can also opt automatic duplex printing in order to save paper.
Printing high-quality business cards or brochures depends on owning a good device designed especially for this task. As you have seen these types of promotional materials have special requirements when it comes to creating them from zero.
We hope that our article gave you all the information you need to make the right decision on choosing the right printer so you can soon start creating your own business cards.
We’d like to hear about your thoughts on this subject so please drop us a comment in the section bellow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check our list with the best printers for business cards, flyers and brochures.
Apart from the special printer that can do that, you will need one of the best software for designing business cards.
Here is our special selection with the best wireless label printers.