How to Fix Printing Problems in Windows 10
We use printers a lot, and since printers are quite useful devices having problems with your printer can be quite a bother, especially if you print a lot of documents on daily basis. If you’re having printing problems on Windows 10 there are few solutions that you can try.
What to do if You Have Printing Problems in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Troubleshoot your printer
- Search for printers in the Search box and select Devices and Printers from the list.
- Locate your printer in Printers or in Unspecified category.
- Right click it and choose Troubleshoot from the menu.
- Follow the instructions to complete the troubleshooter.
Solution 2 – Check if your printer is installed
If Windows 10 troubleshooter cannot fix your problem, perhaps your printer isn’t installed. To check if the printer is installed do the following:
- Make sure that your printer is connected and turned on.
- Click Start and go to Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners.
- If your printer isn’t listed click Add a printer or scanner and wait to see if Windows 10 tries to detect it. If the printer is detected follow the onscreen instructions to finish its installation. Don’t worry about drivers, Windows 10 should download them automatically. If your printer isn’t listed, proceed to step 4.
- If for some reason your printer isn’t detected, click The printer I’m trying to install isn’t listed.
- Select My printer is a little older. Help me find it and click Next.
- Windows 10 will search for connected printers, and you’ll be notified if your printer is recognized.
Solution 3 – Install your printer manually
For this step you’ll need to go to your printer manufacturer’s website and find your printer model and download the proper drivers for it. Try to download the latest driver, especially if it’s optimized for Windows 10, but if no Windows 10 driver is available, you can also download Windows 8 drivers instead. Also, if universal driver for all printers made by your manufacturer is available you can try downloading it as well.
We hope that these solutions were helpful to you, but there can be other problems with printers such as printer being offline in Windows 10, but we already have already covered that issue in one of the previous articles.
Read Also: Fix: Apps Freeze in Windows 10
Many users encountered a pretty severe issue with Nvidia. They couldn’t stream games in Windows 10. No matter what they tried, they didn’t manage to […]
The evolutions of portable computers aka laptops is staggering, to say the least. From fitting a large desktop power into your backpack (Dulmont Magnum) to […]