- Steam games are prone to encountering graphics-related issues, especially caused by DLLs and drivers.
- For example, createdxgifactory2 issues are quite frequent, especially with games like CS: GO.
- For more troubleshooting guides like this one check out our dedicated Hub for Troubleshooting DLL Errors.
- Avid gamers looking to fix their games should also check out our thorough Gaming page.
Some players have posted on Steam’s forum about a procedure entry point createdxgifactory2 could not be located error. The full error message states:
The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory 2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C: WINDOWS SYSTEM32 d3d11.dll.
That error message pops up when users launch the games. Although it doesn’t always crash games at launch, games will often crash a bit later after that error message pops up.
How do I fix the procedure entry point createdxgifactory2 error?
Another solution would be using Restoro, an awesome app that automatically scans your system for any problems, including hardware, software, security, and stability issues.
In addition, the program will show you a complete list consisting of the problem, and it will also repair everything for you with the simple and easy click of a mouse.
One other great feature of Restoro is its ability to fix the blue screen crashes that people often encounter randomly while using their pc, therefore you don’t need to worry about losing your progress from those troublesome random crashes.
The software can also re-download missing DLLs, errors encountered often. Instead of manually searching for the specific DLL to download, you can just let Restoro do it for you automatically. This way, you will eliminate the risk of downloading the wrong file and causing even more problems to your system.
Powerful technology that secures and safely repairs any PC to an optimized state with a simple click.
Rename the dxgi.dll file
- First, press the Windows key + E keys at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Then open the game’s folder in File Explorer.
- Right-click the dxgi.dll file in the game’s folder and select Rename.
- Enter d3d11.dll as the new file title, and press the Return key.
Renaming the dxgi.dll file for the game the issue arises is a widely confirmed fix for the procedure entry point error.
Copy the dxgi.dll file from the System32 folder
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the
- Enter dxgi.dll in the folder search box.
- Select the dxgi.dll file, and press the Home tab’s Copy to button.
- Click Choose location on the menu to open the Copy Items window.
- Select the game’s folder in the Copy Items window.
- Click the Copy option.
Some users have also said that they got the procedure entry point error fixed by copying a new dxgi.dll file into the game’s folder.
Delete SweetFX files for the game
- Open File Explorer.
- Open the folder for the game the error arises.
- Then select these seven SweetFX files by holding the Ctrl key:
dxgi.dll SweetFX_settings d3d9.fx d3d9.dll dxfi.fx Sweetfx_d3d9.dll SweetFX_preset
- Click the Delete button on the Home tab to erase selected files.
Another confirmed fix for the procedure entry point error is to delete SweetFX files in the game’s folder.
Rollback an updated graphics card driver
- Right-click the Start menu’s button in Windows 10 to select Device Manager.
- Double-click the Display adapters category to expand it.
- Right-click the discrete (NVIDIA or AMD) graphics card to select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab on the properties window.
- Next, click the Roll Back Driver option.
- A Driver Package rollback window will open.
- Select the For another reason option.
- Click the Yes button.
If the procedure entry point error arises soon after updating a graphics card driver, try rolling back the driver.
Uninstall GeForce Experience
- Right-click the Start button and select to open Run on the menu.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Open box and click OK to open the uninstaller applet.
- Select GeForce Experience within the Programs and Features applet.
- Click the Uninstall /Change button and Uninstall to remove GeForce.
- Restart Windows after you’ve uninstalled GeForce.
Uninstalling GeForce Experience is another resolution a few users have said fixed the procedure entry point error for them.
The above resolutions have fixed the procedure entry point error for lots of users. So, there’s a good chance they’ll fix the same issue for you.
Make sure to gives us any feedback regarding the subject in the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about createdxgifactory2 issues
- Can software cause issues with createdxgifactory2?
Yes, Sweetfx has been known to cause issues with createdxgifactory2, so try uninstalling it. If it goes missing from your PC, check out this guide for more info.
- Why did Windows updates cause createdxgifactory2 issues?
Windows 10 updates come with driver updates as well, and one common way to fix createdxgifactory2 is to roll back to older video drivers.
- Can dlls cause createdxgifactory2 issues?
Yes, these issues are sometimes game-specific, so renaming or backing them up can solve it. You can find more information about it in this article.