- Steam games are prone to encountering graphics-related issues, especially caused by DLLs and drivers.
- For example, createdxgifactory2 issues are quite frequent, especially with games like CS: GO.
- For more troubleshooting guide slike this one check out our dedicated Hub for Troubleshooting DLL Errors.
- Avid gamers looking to fix their games should also check out our Gaming page.
Some players have posted on Steam’s forum about a procedure entry point createdxgifactory2 could not be located error. The full error message states:
The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory 2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C: WINDOWS SYSTEM32 d3d11.dll.
That error message pops up when users launch the games. Although it doesn’t always crash games at launch, games will often crash a bit later after that error message pops up.
How do I fix the procedure entry point createdxgifactory2 error?
1. Rename the dxgi.dll file
Renaming the dxgi.dll file for the game the issue arises is a widely confirmed fix for the procedure entry point error.
- First, press the Windows key + E keys at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Then open the game’s folder in File Explorer.
- Right-click the dxgi.dll file in the game’s folder and select Rename.
- Enter d3d11.dll as the new file title, and press the Return key.
2. Copy the dxgi.dll file from the System32 folder
Some users have also said that they got the procedure entry point error fixed by copying a new dxgi.dll file into the game’s folder.
- To do so, open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the C: > Windows > System32 folder.
- Enter dxgi.dll in the folder search box.
- Select the dxgi.dll file, and press the Home tab’s Copy to button.
- Click Choose location on the menu to open the Copy Items window.
- Select the game’s folder in the Copy Items window.
- Click the Copy option.
3. Delete SweetFX files for the game
Another confirmed fix for the procedure entry point error is to delete SweetFX files in the game’s folder.
- Open File Explorer.
- Open the folder for the game the error arises.
- Then select these seven SweetFX files by holding the Ctrl key:
dxgi.dll SweetFX_settings d3d9.fx d3d9.dll dxfi.fx Sweetfx_d3d9.dll SweetFX_preset
- Click the Delete button on the Home tab to erase selected files.
4. Roll back an updated graphics card driver
If the procedure entry point error arises soon after updating a graphics card driver, try rolling back the driver.
- Right-click the Start menu’s button in Windows 10 to select Device Manager.
- Double-click the Display adapters category to expand it.
- Right-click the discrete (NVIDIA or AMD) graphics card to select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab on the properties window.
- Next, click the Roll Back Driver option.
- A Driver Package rollback window will open.
- Select the For another reason option.
- Click the Yes button.
5. Uninstall GeForce Experience
Uninstalling GeForce Experience is another resolution a few users have said fixed the procedure entry point error for them.
- Right-click the Start button and select to open Run on the menu.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Open box and click OK to open the uninstaller applet.
- Select GeForce Experience within the Programs and Features applet.
- Click the Uninstall /Change button and Uninstall to remove GeForce.
- Restart Windows after you’ve uninstalled GeForce.
The above resolutions have fixed the procedure entry point error for lots of users. So, there’s a good chance they’ll fix the same issue for you.
FAQ: Learn more about createdxgifactory2 issues
- Can software cause issues with createdxgifactory2?
Yes, Sweetfx has been known to cause issues with createdxgifactory2, so try uninstalling it.
- Why did Windows updates cause createdxgifactory2 issues?
Windows 10 updates come with driver updates as well, and one common way to fix createdxgifactory2 is to roll back to older video drivers.
- Can dlls cause createdxgifactory2 issues?
Yes, these issues are sometimes game-specific, so renaming or backing them up can solve it.