Projector won’t power on? Here are 4 quick solutions for you
If your Projector won’t power on when you press the Power button or it shuts off abruptly, the issue can be with the power cable of the projector or other hardware failures. Projector power-related issues are not new as you can find several users complaining about Projector power issues in the Reddit Community.
Hey guys, I have an “Odyssey Cinema Concepts MK-94 Home Theater Projector” and when I try to turn it on, the light that indicates that it is on, just flashes blue. What do I do?
If your projector won’t power on, here are a couple of simple yet effective solutions that can help you fix the issues with your projector.
How to fix the projector won’t turn on
1. Check your Projector Power Basics
Check your Power
- It is an obvious step, but if you haven’t tried already, check the power cord. Check if it is correctly plugged in and if the main power switch to the projector is turned on.
- Check if the projector fan is spinning. This should give you a brief idea if the projector is receiving power.
Check Your Batteries
- If you are using the Projector remote control to turn on the projector, you may want to check if the batteries have completely depleted.
- Remove the batteries and rub it against your jeans for a few seconds until you see the surface is mildly hot. Insert the batteries and try to turn on the projector. If it works, you may need to replace the batteries.
Check your Projector Temperature
- All the modern projectors come with a built-in safety feature that prevents the projector from being turned on if it has overheated or if the projector lamp is too hot.
- In the meantime, make sure that the filters are clean to make it possible for optimum air circulation. Without proper air circulation, the projector will overheat and refuse to turn on.
- Also, check the projector’s LED indicators that will flash if the projector is overheating. Check the projector manual to identify the correct indicator for overheating.
Check your Projector Lamp
- The projector still uses Lamps to project the image and the lamps life can vary depending on the projector quality.
- Check your projector manual to check for the project bulb life. If the lamp has exceeded its life expectancy, you may need to replace the bulb to make the projector work again.
- Your projector may also have an LED indicator to detect lamp failure.
Most of the time, the “projector won’t turn on” issue is due to a loose connection or faulty power cord. However, it can also occur if the projector board or bulb is defective. In any case, check your projector manual for service to identify the problem. Do let us know if you were able to resolve the issue in the comments.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Projector screen won’t go back up? 3 solutions to fix this
- Projector won’t turn off? Here’s 3 quick solutions for you
- Projector has no signal on Windows 10? We got your back
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]