- In certain situations such as having a double NAT or ISP restrictions, you won't be able to make your Minecraft server public, since you can't forward your ports accordingly.
- Using Radmin VPN, you can create a VPN that you and your friends can connect to. That way, Minecraft will think that you're on the same physical network and let you host/join LAN servers.
- We have handpicked the best 5 VPNs you can use to play Minecraft on Windows and Mac. Check them out.
- If you love games and want to keep to date with the latest developments, make sure you check out our Gaming Hub and bookmark it for later.
Minecraft is still one of the most popular games on the market, even after so many years. Since it’s suitable for most ages, its fanbase encompasses a wide range of users who enjoy playing it.
With each update, the game gets more and more content you can use to develop your world with.
Minecraft servers are often hosted by regular users
However, if you ever played Minecraft before, you can agree that it’s boring without friends. More so, you might be aware that there’s no official Minecraft dedicated server, as the community hosts most of the servers.
Private Internet Access
Want to keep your online privacy safe while playing Minecraft on a public server? PIA is one of the VPNs that doesn't get blocked.
You can even create a server on your own computer if you want to. Our comprehensive guide will show you how to make a Minecraft server for you and your friends, step by step.
Creating a Minecraft public server can fail sometimes
In certain situations such as having a double NAT or ISP restrictions, you won’t be able to make your server public. Therefore, your friends won’t be able to see it, let alone join you in your awesome block-based adventure.
On the bright side, there’s a way to bypass this unfortunate limitation by creating a LAN server. Usually, you need to be on the same physical network to connect to a LAN server.
However, we know a workaround that involves Radmin and we’ll give you the inside scoop in just a few.
How to use Radmin VPN for Minecraft?
- Download Radmin VPN from the official website
- Install Radmin VPN on the computer that will act as host
- Click the Create Network button in Radmin VPN’s main window
- Choose a name for your network and configure a password (minimum 6 characters)
- Click the Create button
- Tell your friends the name of the network and the password
How to host a Minecraft LAN server?
- Launch Minecraft on the host PC
- Click Singleplayer
- Select Create New World
- Customize your world
- Click the Create New World button once more
- Once your world loads press the Esc key on your keyboard
- Select Open to Lan from the game menu
- Customize your LAN game
- Click Start LAN World
- Note down the 5-digit port number (your friends will need it to connect)
How to join a Minecraft LAN server?
- Launch the Radmin VPN client on your PC
- Hit + on your keyboard or click the Join Network button
- Make sure you’re in the Private Network tab
- Type the name of the server and its password
- Click Join
- Note the IP of the host network
- Launch Minecraft on your PC
- Click Multiplayer
- Select Add Server (or Direct connect)
- Choose a name for the server
- Type the IP and Port numbers in the Server Address field (it should look like in the picture below)
- Click Done
Play Minecraft on LAN with Radmin VPN
To wrap it up, creating a public Minecraft server is not always a sure hit. There are some situations when making your server public is simply not possible, but that shouldn’t put you off.
You can use the workaround we’ve described above to create a VPN for you and your friends. Once you’re connected, Minecraft will see you as if you’re connected to the same physical network and allow you to host and join LAN servers in no time.
FAQ: Learn more about Radmin VPN for Minecraft
- How to use Radmin VPN for Minecraft?
Radmin VPN creates a private network that you and your friends can connect to, so that Minecraft thinks you’re on the same physical network. You then create a LAN server as usual, and your friends should be able to connect to it.
- Why I can’t connect to the Minecraft server with Radmin VPN?
If you can’t connect to your friend’s Minecraft server, your firewall might block the program or port. You will need to allow the port/program through your Windows Firewall and everything should be alright.
- What is the best VPN for Minecraft?
If you need to protect your online identity and keep your online activities private, you might consider using a VPN even while playing Minecraft. Here are our top 5 Minecraft VPNs for Windows and Mac.