Windows 10 brought many new features, and if you ever wondered how to record screen on Windows 10, in today’s article we’re going to show you how to do it.
While screen recording requires a third-party application to run in the background, you can record screen in Windows 10 without any additional software.
This tool allows you to record your screen on any occasion (if you meet GPU requirements). And all within the system, without any 3rd-party screen recording software. In this article, we’ll show you how to utilize simplistic Windows 10 software and start recording your screen clips.
How can I record screen in Windows 10?
First thing first, you need to make sure you have the appropriate GPU. That’s the main reason why this tool is primarily intended for gamers. These are the requirements you have to meet in order to record the game/screen footage:
- AMD: AMD Radeon HD 7700 series, HD 7700M series, HD 8500 series, HD 8500M series, R9 series, and R7 series or later.
- NVIDIA: GeForce 600 series or later, GeForce 800M series or later, Quadro Kxxx series or later.
- Intel: Intel HD graphics 4200 or later, Intel Iris Graphics 5100 or later.
How to record screen in Windows 10 without additional software?
In order to record screen in HD on Windows 10 for free, you just need to do the following:
- Press Windows key + G at the same time.
- Select Yes, this is a game.
- In the Settings, you can set up recording features to your liking.
- Background recording.
- Clip length.
- Customizable shortcuts.
- Once you’ve set up everything, just click on the red circle and the recording should start.
- To stop recording, just bring back command panel (Windows key + G) and click the Stop button.
To speed this process up, you can also use Windows key + Alt + R to start recording whenever you want. Regarding the storage, all your recordings are stored in
It’s important to mention that you can use this tool to record screen on a Windows 10 laptop laptop as well, as long as your laptop meets the hardware requirements.
If you are unable to use this tool, you can at least make screenshots. The standard command is Windows key + Prt Scr. While in-game, the command is changed to Windows key + Alt + Prt Scr.
As you can see, Microsoft screen recorder is a great and useful tool if you need to record your screen in Windows 10 without additional software, and we hope that you’ll try it out after reading this article.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best audio recorder software to capture game sounds in 2019
- 5 of the best high definition video recording software
- 6 best Windows 7 screen recording software that are extremely versatile