How to remove Bing Search Bar in Windows 10, 8
Windows 8 and Windows 10 both come with a built-in Bing search bar. Seeing that most users don’t really need or use this feature, here are a few solutions on how you can disable or remove the Bing search bar for good in Windows 8, Windows 10 operating systems.
Usually, when you search something on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 PC, laptop or any other device, this Bing search bar feature will automatically start the search on the internet. Even if you don’t have it on your Windows device, you might find it on the internet. So, basically, this is a useful feature but only for the users who really need it.
How to disable Bing Search in Windows 10, 8
1. Turn off the option ‘Get search suggestions and web results from Bing’
- For users who have a touch screen device on Windows 8 or Windows 10, you will need to swipe from the right side of the screen to the center to open the charms bar.
Note: For users who have a PC or laptop you need to press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “C” on the keyboard.
- Left click or tap on the “Settings” icon presented in the “Charms” bar.
- Left click or tap on the “Change PC settings” feature presented in the “Settings” window.
- Now in the “Change PC settings” menu you will have to search for “Search & apps” and left click or tap on it.
- You will have to find in the “Search and apps” menu the “Get search suggestions and web results from Bing” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.
Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.
- Reboot the Windows 8 or the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.
2. Disable Bing Search bar on Windows 10 Start menu
On Windows 10, you can remove the Bing Search bar by following these steps:
- Go to Start > type ‘cortana’ in the search bar > select Cortana & Search settings
- Turn off the option where Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, and alerts
- Now, toggle off the Search online option in order to exclude web results.
Well this is it, we hope you have managed to disable the Bing search bar in Windows 8 or Windows 10 in just a few minutes. You will see now that every time you search for something, the Search feature will access only your Windows device and won’t display Internet search results.
How do I get rid of Bing?
If you want to remove Bing search from your browser, go to Settings and locate the option ‘Manage search engines’ or something similar. Then, simply replace Bing with another search engine, confirm your choice and that should be it.
If you have any questions on this topic, drop us a line in the comments below and we’ll try to answer your question as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft patent reveals new plans to spy users for better Bing search results
- Bing takes on Google and displays search results 10x faster
- Make Cortana Use Another Search Engine Instead of Bing
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
XAML or Extensible Application Markup Language, is a language based on XML(Extensive Markup Language). Its use ranges from creating to initializing .NET objects. It’s primarily […]
Microsoft has announced a brand new Windows Update related Group Policy option for the upcoming Windows 10 v1903. The upcoming OS version will let users […]
Project xCloud is Microsoft’s new game-streaming service that the company is currently trialing. Microsoft showed off a streamed xCloud game on Xbox Insider. Now the […]