Windows 8 and Windows 10 comes with an in-built feature for the Bing search bar, seeing that most users don’t really need or use this feature you will see a couple of rows below how you can disable or remove the Bing search bar for good in Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems.
Usually when you search something on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 PC, laptop or any other device this Bing search bar feature will automatically start the search on the internet as well because even if you don’t have it on your Windows device you might find it on the internet. So basically this is a useful feature but only for the users who need it.
Steps for removing Bing search bar in Windows 8 and Windows 10
- For users who have a touch screen device on Windows 8 or Windows 10 you will need to swipe from the right side of the screen to the center to open the charms bar.Note: For users who have a PC or laptop you need to press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “C” on the keyboard.
- Left click or tap on the “Settings” icon presented in the “Charms” bar.
- Left click or tap on the “Change PC settings” feature presented in the “Settings” window.
- Now in the “Change PC settings” menu you will have to search for “Search & apps” and left click or tap on it.
- You will have to find in the “Search and apps” menu the “Get search suggestions and web results from Bing” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.
Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.
- Reboot the Windows 8 or the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.
Well this is it; you have managed to disable the Bing search bar in Windows 8 or Windows 10 in just a few minutes. You will see now that every time you search for something it will access only your Windows device and not go on the internet search.
If you have any other questions on this topic please don’t hesitate to write us below and we will help you as soon as possible with your issue.