- You might have noticed that the Office app comes preinstalled with Windows 10 on your PC.
- You might have also tried to remove it but it keeps reappearing. So we're showing you uninstall it for good.
- However, if you'd like to know more about the Office suite, take a look at the articles in our Microsoft Office Hub.
- More similar tutorials like this one can be found in the Removal Guides on the website.
A great number of Windows 10 users reported that they see the Office app in their system just after a fresh OS installation, although they did not request it.
The Office app offers a good insight into your current status considering Office apps, including OneDrive. Of course, it comes preinstalled and we can safely say that it’s a significant piece of Microsoft’s pro-Office marketing.
But, by all means, users should be able to uninstall it if they deem it excessive or unnecessary. So we’re going to show you how to successfully deal with the Office app.
How do I uninstall the Office app from Windows 10?
- Use a dedicated uninstall tool
- Use the classic uninstall method
- Uninstall My Office with Power Shell
1. Use a dedicated uninstall tool
Note that some users stated that, even after they managed to uninstall the Office app, it kept reappearing. So to make sure that all the files related to the app are deleted, we recommend using a dedicated uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller.
The tool is extremely efficient in removing leftover files, folders, and/or Registry entries from unwanted programs. Besides uninstalling the program, Revo also scans for whatever trances of the respective app are left in the system.
Additionally, with the free version of Revo, you can also uninstall Windows apps or browser extensions.
If you have serious trouble with a certain program, you can go for the paid version of Revo and use the Forced Uninstall or Quick/Multiple Uninstall options.
After dealing with the unwanted program, you can always use the cleaning tools included in Revo Uninstaller, to get rid of junk elements and remove unused history files.
Uninstall any software completely and make sure no traces of it are left behind with Revo Uninstaller.
2. Use the classic uninstall method
- Open Start.
- Look for Office in the Programs list.
- Right-click on Office and click Uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can open Settings > Apps > Apps and features. Look for Office, expand it and click Uninstall.
This is the classic and easiest way to uninstall any program, provided that you do not encounter any errors.
3. Uninstall Office with PowerShell
- Right-click on Start and open PowerShell (Admin).
- In the command line, copy-paste the following command and press Enter.
Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
- After it’s done, restart your PC and look for changes.
This should do it. There’s another way to clear all bloatware from your Windows 10 machine, and we explained it in this article. Make sure to give it a look.
Also, we welcome your feedback in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing from you.