How to uninstall programs [Best guides & Tools]
Using your PC over long periods of time can often lead to a pile-up of programs on your hard drive. This, along with leftover data can not only take up your system’s storage space but also lead to errors and inconsistencies, and an overall slow PC.
There are plenty of ways you can get rid of such redundant data from your PC:
Uninstall the program from the Start Menu:
- Open the Start menu, and locate the app you need to remove
- Right-click it and select Uninstall
Uninstall from the Settings page:
- Open the Start menu and select Settings
- Go to Apps > Apps & Features
- Choose the app you need to remove and select Uninstall
Uninstall from the Control Panel:
- Open the Start menu, type in Control, and launch the Control Panel
- Go to Programs > Programs and features
- Right-click the program that you need to remove, and select Uninstall or Change.
For a less time-consuming experience, you should also consider using a dedicated uninstaller. Not only will they get the job done faster, but they allow you to remove programs along with all of their stored data and associated data, making it as if the program was never there in the first place.
There are plenty of such third-party tools out there, plenty of which are free, or that offer extended free trials.
For more specific removal guides, continue browsing the articles below.