Quickly rename multiple files in Windows 10 using the Tab key
Everyone knows that renaming a file in Windows is as easy as right-clicking that file and selecting the “Rename” option. But, not many know it’s possible to rename a file in Windows by tapping the F2 key and entering the new name of the file. The F2 key is very useful especially if you want to rename multiple files at once. To do this, you will first have to select all the files you want to rename and, after that, press the F2 key. Then, you will have to enter a name for the selected files and press Enter key.
If you do this, Windows will automatically add numbers to the end of the file names you’ve selected. For example, if you rename 10 files with the name “test”, numbers will be added to all the files that were renamed.
Here are the steps you can take to use this yourself:
- Open the folder containing all files you want to rename.
- Select the first file from the list and press the F2 key.
- After entering the new name for the file, press the TAB key. By doing this, you will save the new file name that you’ve just written but also automatically select the next file to rename it
- If you want skip a file, you can always press the TAB key twice.
You can also use keyboard shortcuts to perform specific commands. For example, if you want to create a new folder, you can always use the CTRL+SHIFT+N keys in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 8.1 KB3185331 Monthly Update Rollup improves system security
- Microsoft releases update KB3192440 for Windows 10 version 1507
- Microsoft IME causes high CPU usage on Windows 10 [Fix]
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]
For the proper functioning of the audio and speakers of your computer, Windows requires Sound Drivers. While the Sound Drivers are generally unaffected by anything, […]