Capcom recently confirmed it’s not planning to add 21:9 ultrawide monitor support to Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, explaining that it took this decision to prevent potential technical issues due to performance limitations.
While this piece of news lets many fans down, it actually pushed others to search for a solution — and they found one. It’s not a simple one, but we’ll list the steps in this article below:
How to boost RE 7 Biohazard’s resolution
Back up your RE 7 executable file before using this workaround.
1. Download the HXD Hex editor
2. Launch the download file > double click on setup.exe > install the tool
3. Click Open > select RE 7 Biohazard .exe file > hit CTRL + F > search for 39 8E E3 F3 > select Hex value as data type and Search all as search option
4. Change those 39 8E E3 F3 Hex values to AB AA AA 40 for a 3440×1440 resolution
5. Look for the line 00 00 80 41 and replace it with either 00 00 AC 41 for 3440×1440, or 00 00 A8 41 for 2560×1080
6. Save the .exe file > close the Hex Editor
7. Restart your computer > set the game to borderless windowed mode. You should now be able to play RE 7 Biohazard on ultrawide resolution.
As a quick reminder, 8F E3 18 40 stands for 3440×1440 resolution. If you want to enable a 2560×1080 resolution, replace the 39 8E E3 F3 values with
9A 99 19 40 at step 4.
This fix has made many players happy:
Awesome! Thank you! I just finished playing from the beginning until you meet the family at the dinner table for the first time, and I’m completely hooked. I’m so glad I don’t have to refund now!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard update adds support for older generation CPUs
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard coming to HTC Vive and Oculus Rift in 2018
- Here’s how to fix frequent Resident Evil 7 Biohazard bugs