Capcom recently confirmed it’s not planning to add 21:9 ultrawide monitor support to Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, explaining that it took this decision to prevent potential technical issues due to performance limitations.
While this piece of news lets many fans down, it pushed others to search for a solution — and they found one. It’s not a simple one, but we’ll list the steps in this article below:
How to boost RE 7 Biohazard’s resolution
Back up your RE 7 executable file before using this workaround.
1. Download the HXD Hex editor
2. Launch the download file > double click on setup.exe > install the tool
3. Click Open > select RE 7 Biohazard .exe file > hit CTRL + F > search for 39 8E E3 3F > select Hex value as data type and Search all as search option
4. Change those 39 8E E3 3F Hex values to AB AA AA 40 for a 3440×1440 resolution
5. Look for the line 00 00 80 41 and replace it with either 00 00 AC 41 for 3440×1440, or 00 00 A8 41 for 2560×1080
6. Save the .exe file > close the Hex Editor
7. Restart your computer > set the game to borderless windowed mode. You should now be able to play RE 7 Biohazard on an ultrawide resolution.
As a quick reminder, 8F E3 18 40 stands for 3440×1440 resolution. If you want to enable a 2560×1080 resolution, replace the 39 8E E3 3F values with
9A 99 19 40 at step 4.
This fix has made many players happy:
Awesome! Thank you! I just finished playing from the beginning until you meet the family at the dinner table for the first time, and I’m completely hooked. I’m so glad I don’t have to refund now!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard update adds support for older generation CPUs
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard coming to HTC Vive and Oculus Rift in 2018
- Here’s how to fix frequent Resident Evil 7 Biohazard bugs