- If the white screen is due to the Arsenal game, it usually goes away after a few months automatically.
- A pending Windows update or the antivirus/firewall blocking the app may be the culprit behind this issue.
- The problem can be prevalent on all platforms including Windows 10/11, Mac, Android and iOS.
If you are an ardent fan of Roblox, you may sometimes come across a white screen when you try to open the app.
This can be annoying as the Roblox white screen freezes while opening the app, and the only option left is to close it.
While we will look at the possible reasons and solutions for the white screen issue, you can refer to one of our other detailed guides on 5 ways to fix an error that occurred while starting Roblox.
Before we jump to the solutions, let’s discuss why the Roblox app goes to a White screen.
Why is Roblox not loading?
Some of the common reasons why Roblox would keep crashing with a white screen are:
- Slow or unstable internet connection
- A pending Windows update
- The antivirus or firewall blocking the Roblox access
- Roblox is not permitted to run on Chrome
- The Roblox app servers are down
- A glitch with the game visuals on Mac
- Temporary loading issue on Android/iOS platforms
The good news is, that we have listed a few solutions for you to fix the Roblox security white screen problem.
How do you fix the white screen on Roblox?
1. Ensure Roblox is allowed to run on your Chrome browser
- Visit the Roblox website on Chrome and select the game you want to play. Click on the green play button.
- Now, click on Download & Install Roblox in the pop up.
- Next, run the setup file and once the game is successfully installed, you can try running it.
- You should now see the Open Roblox prompt.
- Check the box next to Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app and press Open Roblox.
You can also try a gaming optimized browser that’s compatible with the platform. Open Roblox in Opera GX if you want to benefit from high performance, remove ads, disable distractions, limit RAM and CPU usage, and more.
2. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Navigate to the game folder, right-click on the setup file, and select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box next to the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Select the Windows OS from the drop-down to install and launch the game again.
Now, check if you can open the Roblox app on your Windows 10/11 PC.
3. Disable the desktop app beta for the Roblox desktop version
- Open your Roblox desktop application and click on the three dots on the left side of the screen.
- Now, click on Settings.
- On the Desktop App Beta prompt, click on Disable Beta.
- Click on the Yes, Disable and Exit confirmation prompt.
- A message saying Successfully disabled Windows App Beta will pop up. Press OK.
- Now, visit the Roblox web URL and as you try to play a game, you will see the Open Roblox prompt.
- Select the Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app option and click on Open Roblox.
How to fix Roblox white screen on Android?
- Simply press the recent applications button on your phone screen (three lines).
- Then swipe up to close the app that has this issue.
- Now open the Roblox app again and it should work normally.
If you are still having trouble with the Roblox Player on your Android device, you can refer to the General Troubleshooting section on their official website to fix the problem.
How to fix Roblox white screen on iPad?
- Press the Home key twice on your iOS device.
- Go to the Roblox app preview panel and swipe up to close the app.
- Open the Roblox app again on the device.
As you restart the app all over, it should work fine now.
But, if you still see the Roblox black screen or white screen on iOS, follow the methods in the General Troubleshooting section on their official website.
How can I fix Roblox white screen on Mac?
In this case, you can simply restart your Mac PC or reset your PC to check if the white screen problem is resolved.
However, if you still see the white screen, you can try the Mac troubleshooting methods mentioned on the official website.
As you will see, their main recommendation is to uninstall and reinstall the game on the device or use another browser instead of Safari.
Besides, also check for any pending Windows updates and install them to fix the white screen issue on Roblox, or disable the antivirus or the firewall temporarily that may be blocking the app.
But, if the Roblox white screen glitch is associated with the drivers, you can refer to our detailer guide on Roblox graphics driver problems to fix the white screen issue.
If you still encounter the white screen on Roblox or you found another way to get rid of it, do let us know in the comments box below.