- Roblox is a popular online experience where players can enjoy millions of adventures, mini-games and worlds created by other people.
- You can download Roblox from the Microsoft Store and join the millions of players world-wide. However, if you are having trouble launching Roblox, then have a look at our guide to fix it.
- Roblox is an online game, which happens to be one of our favourite genres of games. We're constantly writing about the latest news in the world of MMOs and if you want to be kept updated, then head over to our dedicated page!
- Experiencing even more problems with Roblox? Or are you interested in the latest news about this game? We have a page dedicated to it so make sure you bookmark it.
Roblox is a game creation platform with which you can design your own games or play games designed by other Roblox users. However, Roblox occasionally throws out an “error occurred while starting” error message for some users. Consequently, some users can’t get Roblox up and running. These are a few fixes that might get Roblox started when that error message pops up.
How to fix Roblox start errors
- Reset Your Router
- Deselect the Proxy Server Setting
- Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Add Roblox to the Windows Firewall’s Allowed Apps List
- Reinstall Roblox
1. Reset Your Router
Resetting the router is a straightforward fix that some Roblox users have confirmed to work. As Roblox requires a net connection to run, it’s not entirely surprising that a router reset can fix the error occurred while starting message. So press the reset button on your router to reset it.
- Some Roblox users have got Roblox started by deselecting the proxy server setting in Windows. To deselect that option in Windows 10, press Cortana’s Type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Enter the keyword Internet options to open the Network status window below.
- Select the Connections tab
- Press the LAN settings button
- Deselect the Use a proxy server for your LAN option if it’s selected.
- Then press the OK button to close the window
3. Turn Off Antivirus Software
As mentioned, Roblox needs a connection to start. So, it might be the case that antivirus software is blocking Roblox. Switching anti-virus software off will ensure that doesn’t happen.
Numerous anti-virus utilities include a disable options on their system tray context menus that you can select to temporarily turn off the antivirus software. Alternatively, you can certainly select to disable most antivirus packages via their primary windows. Open the antivirus utility’s main window and browse through its settings menu, which will probably include a disable or a turn off option.
4. Add Roblox to the Windows Firewall’s Allowed Apps List
The Roblox error occurred while starting error might also be due to Windows Defender Firewall. Some users have fixed the issue by adding Roblox to the Windows Defender Firewall’s allowed apps list. This is how you can add Roblox to the firewall’s allowed apps list in Windows 10.
- First, note that you’ll need to modify the Windows Defender Firewall settings within an admin account. So log in to an admin account if required.
- Enter ‘Windows Firewall’ in the Cortana search box.
- Select Allow an app through Windows Defender Firewall to open the window in the shot directly below.
- Press the Change settings button.
- Press the Allow another app button to open the Add app window.
- Click Browse and select to add Roblox.
- Press the Add button to add Roblox to the apps list.
- Make sure you’ve selected both Roblox’s checkboxes on the allowed apps list.
- Then click the OK option.
5. Reinstall Roblox
- Reinstalling Roblox can also fix a few of its error messages. To do that, open Run with its Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input the appwiz.cpl in the Open text box to open the uninstaller window shown below.
- Select Roblox and click Uninstall.
- Select the Yes option to provide further confirmation to uninstall Roblox.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling Roblox.
- Press Get it now on this page to download Roblox again.
- Right-click Roblox’s installer and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab below.
- Click the Run this program in compatibility mode for option, and then select Windows 8 from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Apply button.
- Then click OK to close the window.
Some of those fixes might kick-start Roblox in Windows 10. Check out this post for further resolutions that can fix numerous Roblox error messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Roblox is not starting, make sure you are connected to the internet and troubleshoot the game according to our guide.
You will have to uninstall Roblox and delete any residual files from your computer. To do this, delete any Roblox files from the AppData folder, or use a dedicated uninstaller.
If you installed Roblox from the Windows store, right-click on the start menu shortcut and select Uninstall. We recommend using a specialized uninstaller to completely remove Roblox from your system.