An error occurred while starting Roblox [FIX]
Roblox is a game creation platform with which you can design your own games or play games designed by other Roblox users. However, Roblox occasionally throws out an “error occurred while starting” error message for some users. Consequently, some users can’t get Roblox up and running. These are a few fixes that might get Roblox started when that error message pops up.
How to fix Roblox start errors
- Reset Your Router
- Deselect the Proxy Server Setting
- Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Add Roblox to the Windows Firewall’s Allowed Apps List
- Reinstall Roblox
1. Reset Your Router
Resetting the router is a straightforward fix that some Roblox users have confirmed to work. As Roblox requires a net connection to run, it’s not entirely surprising that a router reset can fix the “error occurred while starting” error. So press the reset button on your router to reset it.
2. Deselect the Proxy Server Setting
- Some Roblox users have got Roblox started by deselecting the proxy server setting in Windows. To deselect that option in Windows 10, press Cortana’s Type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Enter the keyword ‘network’ to open the Network status window below.
- Click Network and Sharing Center > Internet Options to open the window in image directly below.
- Select the Connections tab shown below.
- Press the LAN settings button, which opens the options below.
- Deselect the Use a proxy server for your LAN option if it’s selected.
- Then press the OK button to close the window.
— RELATED: Fix Common Roblox Issues on Windows 10
3. Turn Off Antivirus Software
As mentioned, Roblox needs a connection to start. So, it might be the case that antivirus software is blocking Roblox. Switching anti-virus software off will ensure that doesn’t happen.
Numerous anti-virus utilities include disable options on their system tray context menus that you can select to temporarily turn off the antivirus software. Alternatively, you can certainly select to disable most antivirus packages via their primary windows. Open the antivirus utility’s main window and browse through its settings menu, which will probably include a disable or turn off option.
4. Add Roblox to the Windows Firewall’s Allowed Apps List
The Roblox “error occurred while starting” error might also be due to Windows Defender Firewall. Some users have fixed the issue by adding Roblox to the Windows Defender Firewall’s allowed apps list. This is how you can add Roblox to the firewall’s allowed apps list in Windows 10.
- First, note that you’ll need to modify the Windows Defender Firewall settings within an admin account. So log in to an admin account if required.
- Enter ‘Windows Firewall’ in the Cortana search box.
- Select Allow an app through Windows Defender Firewall to open the window in the shot directly below.
- Press the Change settings button.
- Press the Allow another app button to open the Add app window.
- Click Browse and select to add Roblox.
- Press the Add button to add Roblox to the apps list.
- Make sure you’ve selected both Roblox’s check boxes on the allowed apps list.
- Then click the OK option.
5. Reinstall Roblox
- Reinstalling Roblox can also fix a few of its error messages. To do that, open Run with its Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input the ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Open text box to open the uninstaller window shown below.
- Select Roblox and click Uninstall.
- Select the Yes option to provide further confirmation to uninstall Roblox.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling Roblox.
- Press Get it now on this page to download Roblox again.
- Right-click Roblox’s installer and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab below.
- Click the Run this program in compatibility mode for option, and then select Windows 8 from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Apply button.
- Then click OK to close the window.
Some of those fixes might kick-start Roblox in Windows 10. Check out this post for further resolutions that can fix numerous Roblox error messages.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 best VPN tools for Minecraft to enjoy a smooth gaming session
- 7 of the best PC offline games for 2018
- 12 best Windows 10 RPG games to play in 2018
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18836 has recently been rolled out to all the Windows Insiders who are currently in the Skip Ahead ring. The release comes […]
The Java Virtual Machine fatal exception error pops up for some users when they try to launch software built on Java. The full error message […]
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]