Rocket League fans are in for a treat. The latest game update brings two new impressive maps, rewards for the players who finished Competitive Season 2, and the new Showroom feature offers you a glimpse into the premium content available.
The update is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 and focuses on 11 main areas, including new content, new battle cars, new Rocket trails, various game improvements and bug fixes. The majority of the new content can be accessed right now, and the new battle cars and decals will be available starting from July 18.
Here are the main new features and improvements brought by this update:
- Added four new premium Battle-Cars:
- (DLC) Neo Tokyo-inspired vehicles “Esper” and “Masamune”, and Classic Cars “Aftershock” and “Marauder” will be available July 18th.
- (DLC) Six Decals for each new vehicle.
- Added all-new “Neo Tokyo” Arena to all casual and competitive playlists.
- Added all-new “Pillars” Arena to Rocket Labs playlist.
- Added “Showroom” to preview premium content
- Competitive Season 2 has ended and rewards will be given to participants who achieved “Prospect I” and above.
- Competitive Season 3 has begun! All competitive skill ratings have been reset.
- Added “Community Flags”:
- 4Player Network.
- New trophies and achievements:
- Mad Scientist – Play a complete match in 3 different Rocket Labs Arenas
- Icing the Cake – In Snow Day, score a goal from your own side of the ice
- Left Wing, Right Wing – Win a Snow Day match with both the Blue and Orange teams
- Fast Break – Score at least 2 Dunks in the first minute of a Hoops game
- Buzzer Beater – With 30 seconds left, win a game of Hoops in which you were tied or trailing
- Budding Artist – Collect a Painted Item
- One Better – Increase the level of a Certified Item
- Certifiable – Earn Veteran status for your Certified Item.
- Multiple Bug Fixes:
- Venom’s spoiler can now move again.
- The rim in “Hoops” will no longer cause the match to end if the ball hits it after time has expired.
- Fixed visibility issues caused by the rim/arena in “Hoops”.
- Fixed “Thermal” Rocket Trails sound FX
- Fixed an issue that caused the post-training audio to play at abnormally high volumes.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Project CARS now fully supports the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR headsets
- The very first NASCAR game for Xbox One will be released September 13
- Forza Racing Championship 2016 comes to Xbox One this year
- Kinect sensor could help with self-driving cars in the future