Roku just released its official app for Windows 10, and users can now download it from the Windows Store for free. The app allows registered users to watch various popular movies, TV shows, and remotely control their Roku devices.
The app features a fresh new interface that gives off a premium impression. Besides the ability to watch movies, TV channels, and shows, the app also offers some more handy features and options, including Cortana support:
“Navigating a Roku device from your Windows 10 PC or tablet could not be easier. With the new Roku app for Windows 10 rolling out in the Windows Store today (free to download), your channels are just one click away. With more and more Windows 10 devices supporting both point-and-click, as well as gesture navigation, you can browse lists with a simple swipe or by clicking to bring the next page of content to the front. Browse more than 3,000 channels and 300,000 movies and TV episodes, or ask Cortana to search for your favorite content.”
Unfortunately, the app is only available for Windows 10 only, and the company said it has no intentions to develop an app for Windows 10 Mobile. However, Roku will continue supporting its already existing apps for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1, so users still on these operating systems will be able to continue using the app. Additionally, Roku also won’t release an app for Xbox.
If you want to download the official Roku app for Windows 10, you can do so for free from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Groove Music Pass allows you to listen to Adele’s 25 album for free
- ARK: Survival Evolved update welcomes the Titanosaur, the biggest dinosaur in gaming
- Dropbox users on iOS are now able to create and edit Microsoft Office files with the app
- Subway Surfers returns to Windows 10 this week, drops Windows Phone 8 support
- Crunchyroll UWP Windows 10 app now features full Cortana support