What is RSGUPD.exe and how to remove it [EXPERT GUIDE]
If you’ve ever looked through the running processes of your Windows 10 PC, and noticed a running process called RSGUPD.exe, but don’t know what it is or where it’s from, you’re not the only one.
This application is identified as malware and comes bundled with the Remo Software. Even though the system impact on resources for this application is low, having a malware file on your PC is never a good idea. RSGUPD.exe constantly tries to open a support gateway, and it stops you from being able to boot your system in Safe Mode:
For these reasons, in this article, we will explore the best way to remove this malware from your PC once and for all, and get full access to your computer. Read on to find out how.
How can I remove RSGUPD.exe from my PC?
- Make sure you have the latest version of your antivirus installed.
- If security definitions are out of date, be sure to update them as well.
2. Scan for malware using Malwarebytes
- Download Malwarebytes from the official website.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions in order to start the installation process.
- After the installation is completed, click ‘Finish’.
- Malwarebytes will automatically run.
- Inside the Malwarebytes window, select ‘Scan now’ to start the scanning process.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete, and allow Malwarebytes to quarantine and remove any threats.
3. Manually end any ‘rsg’ processes and remove source folder
- Right-click on your Windows taskbar, and select ‘Task Manager’.
- Inside the Task Manager window, select the ‘Processes‘ tab, and search for any applications that have ‘rsg’ in their name.
- Select each of these processes, and click on ‘End Task’ for each of them.
- After you’ve closed all of them, navigate to C: -> ProgramData -> RSG , and delete all the files named ‘rsg’.
Note: Some programs from that folder might try to run again, so please be consisted with this method to achieve the best results.
In this article, we explored some of the best-proven methods to deal with RSGUPD.exe malware running on your system. This malware stops you from being able to log into Windows Safe Mode.
Following the steps presented in this list will surely help you solve this issue. Please mare sure to let us know if it did, by using the comment section below.
- Hackers use old malware in new packaging to attack Windows 10 PCs
- Top 4 website malware removal software for 2019
- Malwarebytes now features better memory usage and enhanced stability
Did you ever encounter Unable to join domain message on Windows 10? This can be a problem, but in today’s article we’ll show you how […]
Many Gears of War 5 players who tried to join ranked matches reported experiencing different issues. They keep on getting error 0x00000d6e when they trying […]